Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Dearest Boy update!!

 Good morning, everyone!  It is time for a Dearest Boy update. I am super excited because this is the last ten inch block for the quilt!  Next up is the cow block...super fun and twice as big!!  As you see, I made a modification or three on this block.  I tried to make the points pointy, per the pattern, and then said to myself...hey girl, make it your own!  So I made my points round, instead.  Lots more fun to stitch!!
Here is where I was on the process....



I am thrilled to be this far on this journey, and I must say it has been really fun to participate with good friends helping me and encouraging our collective progress; I can't wait to do it again!






Cathy:  Big Lake Quilter
Julie:  Juliekquilts (me)
Carole: Wheels on the Warrandyte bus
Doreen:  Aunt Reen's Place


Please see the above bloggers to see how they are coming along on their own Dearest Boy quilt!





Julie

14 comments:

Loris said...

These are so lovely! Can't wait to see the cow block! I love this quilt :-)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Great rendition of this block! I like the rounded "buds"!

Little Penpen said...

Whoop! Whoop! Pretty and I hear the cow is next!!!! yay!

Chantal said...

Yep! I agree. Rounds are much more fun ... and cute! ;^)

Tired Teacher said...

Good decision- I like the rounded tips of the flowers.

Teresa said...

Pretty block

AnnieO said...

Looking very good! How fun to make it your own with just a small change.

KaHolly said...

Looking good!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very good Julie! I do like your version!

Lori said...

Such a fun block, regardless of points or not!!

Cathy said...

Julie your block looks great. I didn't even want to attempt this one. I had too much going on. So I machine pieced mine. Hugs

Kyle said...

You girls have made this journey together yet doing your own things.

marina said...

beautiful block and the rounded ends look perfect.

Karen said...

I was away from home for 2 1/2 weeks so am just now seeing your block. You did good making the block design your own. I have to get busy and stitch my cow block. I have it all prepped.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...