Thursday, July 14, 2022

OH lookee! A new squirrel just ran by!!



Hello!!!  Is everyone staying cool out there?  Or warm...depending on where you are.  It cooled to 86 degrees with a brief rain shower this afternoon and we all rejoiced!!!


My quilt guild had a recent sew along, using these blocks.  They ae so simple...and would be a great quilt of valor, put with more blocks...so off to the races!  SEE HOW THOSE SQUIRRELS GO?  Hahaha!





I made this little purse, using a block that was gifted to me.  I added the top strips and a zipper and interfacing.  



Tada!  A little wristlet!!  Lori, you will recognize the block.





ON the free table at guild:  One wool yarn ball.  I am still trying to knit in the evenings. 



A selection of pinks!





A very odd brown, which I loved immediately.  I left tons of things for people to pick up, too...so I guess I left more than I took.  Win/win!  Anything left gets tossed in the garbage, so....





 I found this pattern online.  I adore it!!  Scraps rule!


I hope each of you is doing fine!



Julie

15 comments:

Rose Marie said...

You made with laugh with your title.....nothing like a good squirrel to make you start something new! Great projects and good pieces of freebies to make your day!

JoAnne said...

Love your new quilt! Were you at the workshop yesterday? Or sewing along at home? I started a patriotic top at the workshop and it's coming along. Wish I'd made the red be the chain. Mine has offwhite/tan for the chain - I like yours better!

julieQ said...

JoAnne! How fun that you are making these blocks! Awesome! I sewed along from home.

Susan said...

Love the QOV. It's amazing how someone can take a simple pattern and still make something different with it!

Kristy said...

I love the items you brought home and I especially love the pattern you found for your scraps! I have just finished getting all my sections ready to hand quilt as I go of Lori Holt's Chicken Salad quilt. I hand blanket stitched around all of the chickens and chicks so I want to hand quilt it. I am so happy to be at this point! You always inspire me to keep working on projects even though I may take a while to finish them. Thanks for your fun blog! K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com

Janet O. said...

That is a great quilt for a QOV! When do you find time to entertain all these squirrels? You are always so busy!
Such a clever purse from that block.
You found some great things on the free table. Everything left goes in the garbage? Yikes! I think I'd have to find a thrift shop that would appreciate the donations.

Binsa said...

Lovely projects Julie I am in a sewing slump

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your Squirrel is looking great! We had a brief cool off from the 110+. Nice, but to cool enough to make me happy. Only snow is going to make me smile here in blistering hot South Texas!!!! HUGS

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s fun to find items on the free table and give them a new home. The brown fabric drew my eye, too. Love the orphan block bag.

Kyle said...

No rest for you. Your QV is wonderful. It's a great pattern. And the orphan bag is adorable. I love taking treasures to the free table and occasionally, bringing a treasure or two home.

Lookobeauty said...

It's a great pattern..

Lookobeauty said...

i really love it ..

Lookobeauty said...

Love the orphan block bag..

Lookobeauty said...

Great projects

Lookobeauty said...

Your Squirrel is looking great... love it

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...