Wednesday, July 27, 2022

A baking day: (I must have been temporarily crazy to bake in this heat!)



I had a wild idea that I needed to bake cookies for work and a loaf of bread for us, today.  Whew!  It was great fun, actually!!  The "kids" at work love cookies, so I wrap them individually so they can slip them into a scrub pocket and have them anytime they get a break.


I baked an herb chicken, and cut up a watermelon and made coleslaw, so I have food made ahead for a bit.




I made a test block of this one, above...and then??

 I cut out a whole bunch more, 35 blocks in all.  I used only pieces from the 2.5-inch-wide strip bin.  It still looks as full as ever...I think I fluffed it up.




Julie







2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Pop the kettle on I'm on my way for cake and biscuits.......

Joyce Carter said...

I really admire people that can bake and loves to cook. I don't like to do either one. LOL

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...