Monday, September 14, 2026

Summer progress

Well good heavens!!  Lucky likes the kitty quilt.  This is a panel, paired with a cast-off pieced border from the guild.  I fussy cut the kitty tail so it could be enjoyed in its entirety.  Klimt anyone???


He is scattering things here and there and burrowed under the kitty quilt!  Silly, sweet baby boy!




I recently finished a UFO...from a jelly roll.  I just lack the binding being sewn down.  Hurrah for a finish!




The above quilt is a newer one.  I kind of got hooked on making these Dresden blocks.  Great fun!!




This is an older applique, made with my friend Karen, at the Log Cabin quilter.  Wow, do I ever miss her and her blog!




Lucky likes it too!



Just a little zipper pouch for work. I love making these easy finishes!





I have continued making these blocks.  They turn out to be "original", even though I do not plan for them to be!!


Lucky likes the nine patches too.  These are old.  Probably 15 years old at least.  Great fun to see them in something useful!  I still have a ton leftover for another quilt.



I am also cutting pieces for the latest leader and ender quilt from Quiltville.  Please see here:  Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Tulip Swirl: 2026 Leader & Ender Challenge!



I continue to enjoy working on the Barn Star quilt.  Great fun!!  Every single block is cut out and started!!


This is not mine...just one I think is pretty!!!


********************************Ponderings************************


 Despite the challenges at home and at work, I am still loving my nursing field.  I am the second oldest in my unit.  The "kids" treat me like that too, which is disturbing, until they need an IV started or NG tube placed, or difficult foley. Then I am worthy!  Snort!


I wonder what my purpose is in this life.  Do you even ponder that?  Why am I here?  Why are we here?  

Too heavy of thought for the blog, for sure, but I do wonder.  Do you???




Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder often. No one tells you about the insecurities that come with middle age/late middle age. My quilting friends are supportive and thru them I find validation. Wondering how your husband is doing? Suzanne

Summer progress

Well good heavens!!  Lucky likes the kitty quilt.  This is a panel, paired with a cast-off pieced border from the guild.  I fussy cut the ki...