Monday, August 1, 2022

Starting a quilt from a gift!

The gift was the half square triangles.  They were so perfectly made, I just HAD to make something from them, stat!  These are the blocks I made from them, so far.  I do not have any more of the green, so I will go shop for a similar green today, so I can continue.  That is the breaks when working with small pieces!!  The half square triangles are sort of purplish, so this may need purple sashings?  hmmmm......that is the fun of things, to figure out what is next! Thank you so much for these! 




 These are the last four leader/ender blocks for my quilt, from last year's challenge.  My 2.5-inch bin did not go down one bit...


It is so hot here, that I am mostly inside these days, except for my morning walks and also to mow the ever crisping lawn.  How are you faring, wherever you are???




Julie

10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It's so much fun to create something from nothing. Waytago!

Robin said...

I hope you can find the right green fabric. It sure has been a hot July.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty blocks. I hope you can find a comparable green. Hot here, but low humidity, so it’s bearable. Watch your mailbox for a surprise.

loulee said...

It's always fun, trying to find just the right fabric to match up with scraps.

Anonymous said...

Scraps make the best looking quilts to me as they show creativity and the make do attitude. When I see a quilter who has to have everything match perfect, the stress shows in them and they have lost the joy of life in creating. You always see the good in every scrap that life is good to you in so many ways.

Loris said...

Wow! Interesting new blocks! I hope you can find the right greens to complement.
I'm still exercising here ;-) This knee rehab is like a life commitment! I'm surviving.
The fires are starting in California but we are fortunately still cool on the central coast.
I grew daisies. I'll send you a picture :-)

Lori said...

It finally cooled off today to 95! LOL

I love using other people's cast off blocks and pieces to incorporate in my quilts. That is what I am doing right now with perfect quarter square triangles that were gifted to me!

Janet O. said...

Those are really fun blocks you have created from the HSTs. Julie, I have a FQ of that green I would love to pop in the mail to you, okay?
Very happy leader/ender blocks.
After the hottest July on record for our area, we have cooled off into the 90s, and maybe actually dip into the high 80s as some storms come through this week.

Quiltdivajulie said...

We have been HOT HOT HOT (this is the hottest summer on record for Memphis - that says a lot). The L-E challenge block looks great. I am not a fish person so I didn't see a lot of value in that challenge but now that I see how the small blocks are being used to create larger ones . . .

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a great use of the HSTs. Love the design.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...