Tuesday, April 26, 2022

April Monthly Mini


 


Our dear friend Janet is a master of the miniature quilt.  The tiniest blocks and pieces are used in her masterpieces!  She inspired this mini quilt for the month for me.    Tiny churn dash blocks!  I tried a zillion different borders, and finally just did a string border.  Hurrah!


Please see Janet's blog here:  rogue quilter


Alos, please see Wendy's blog here!  She is our ring leader for our monthly mini quilts!!!  Another quilting master!

The Constant Quilter



Hope each of you is having a wonderful day!




Julie

10 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s adorable! I need to make some minis.

Kyle said...

Both Janet and Wendy keep us going. Your mini churn dash is so cheerful and the string border captures those tiny blocks perfectly.

gladiquilts said...

I love your mini! Just curious - what size are your blocks? I can hardly believe that in all the years I’ve been quilting, I’ve never made a churn dash block! I need to make some and your quilt just might inspire me to do so!

cityquilter grace said...

very nice....and mini indeed!

Quilting Babcia said...

I love the scrappiness of your little churndash blocks and their string border. Just perfect for our monthly challenge.

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, Julie! You made such adorable, colorful churn dash blocks (one of my favorite blocks ever!). And your piano key border is a great finishing touch!

Lori said...

That cute is super adorable and the border is perfect!

Chookyblue...... said...

Janet is insane in the best possible way.....she is so good at it........love your mini.......one month I will make one.....just attaching binding to my churn dash quilt actually.........but its big......

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love those churn dashes!

Tazzie said...

Ohhh your mini is just darling, I love the riot of colour. What a fabulous finish.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...