Saturday, February 5, 2022

Mysterious quilts by Annie!





 My friend Annie sewed this lovely mystery quilt!!  We both used a straight set for our blocks, instead of on point.  I really like this choice, although the original quilt is amazing too!  This quilt is going to a very special person.  

And lookee!!!  Annie also made this lap quilt, from the leftover blocks!  I love this so much!!!!  It is so much fun to sew along with a friend!!


You can still find all the clues at the above link.  I think they will be going away soon, so go get them now, because later I think she will have a small charge for the mystery quilt.  

I would love to hear about your mystery quilt sewing!



Julie

11 comments:

loulee said...

No mystery quilts for me, but I do like the one your friend Annie made.

cityquilter grace said...

very nice indeed....i am a hand quilter so i usually pass on bonnie's quilts with so many seams....

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love the colors in Annie's quilts! I generally don't do mysteries, but I may have to re-think that. ;) Have a great weekend!

ButterZ said...

I sewed some more of my pinwheel blocks yesterday. I’m using this project for our groups monthly sit n sew saturdays. It will be a slow project but one I can do with friends around me and lots of talking.

Sharon Kwilter said...

The straight setting looks nice. I also thought about assembling mine that way, but I eventually decided I'd rather use all the pieces I'd already assembled.

Joyce Carter said...

I really love the colors in Annie's quilt. And the lap quilt is so beautiful! Both of you did an amazing job.

Janet O. said...

Annie did a wonderful job. I am glad you could share her work with us. She is a dear!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This turned out so beautifully. I really like the leftover blocks quilt too.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very pretty quilts!

QuiltGranma said...

I love creating small quilts with the leftovers of bigger quilts, like the 2 smaller o es I made from what was left from Irish Chain blocks.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...