Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Log Cabin Loonies are AWESOME!!!

 What is your favorite way to set log cabin blocks?  Please share!!  I am having a blast, going through my strings, cutting all sizes of strips for log cabin blocks!!  I...wait for it...may be a little LOONIE!!  In the best way!! Want to join us?  The Log Cabin Loonies are making blocks of all kinds...including really tiny ones!  Each Tuesday, I am blogging about my log cabin efforts...efforts to use up some of my precious strings...making log cabin blocks!!
Here is the prize for this week...plus whatever else I can find to put in the envelope, LOL!!  These are cute Halloween fabrics.  Just link up below, and next week I will randomly draw a winner for these.




Hey, congratulations to Cathy, at Sane, Crazy, Crumbly quilting!  She won the layer cake from last week.  Please send me your snail mail address, Cathy!!









Have a super day, each of you!!


Julie

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I think barn raising is my fave, like you show here. I also love an off center barn raising. But there are so many fun ways to set log cabin blocks, you just can't go wrong.

Warm Quilts said...

With one side light and the other side dark, the layout possibilities are endless. A girlfriend and I are scheduling time to work on the layout of her black and white log cabin quilt. It will be a king size quilt so we'll get creative and stop when we find the perfect way to set the blocks.

Julierose said...

I love the dark center and light center settings. I have mine in a long strip so far...
I think you can almost never run out of ways to put these blocks together--so many options..Thanks so much for hosting this SAL--great fun!! hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

I don't think I have a fav setting. Actually, I've only made wonky ones in a few different settings for donation quilts. So this time around is the first time the blocks won't be wonky.

And thank you for the layer cake. It's another first. I've eaten a few but never enjoyed one that consisted of fabric.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've only made log cabin blocks for my quilted jacket. I almost added that (really old) post to your link up.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love a lot of ways!! but you have now inspired me enough that I grabbed a bag of scraps that was gifted to me, and have them about 1/2 ironed..... and maybe ... i may jump in and start log cabining as I follow you!!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...