Wednesday, September 5, 2018

This one is on the list!

I know many of you know the Moda Blockheads quilt from 2017.  I started out with a mighty fire....a green and purple flame.  This is how far I got!  I have decided to make a patient quilt and call it done.  This will be perfect for a hospital bed or drag around to chemo sized quilt.  I need a purple border and I will get it quilted and on to some patient who needs a little extra love.  So...did you know that Moda is sponsoring the Blockheads 2 quilt, this year?  

I know they have a facebook group, and also, here is a link to find the block patterns!!







Now I got a little down last night, because I did not have one piece of the limey green that I wanted to make the sashing from.  Nothing was big enough...boohoo!  Then I thought to myself...you silly child!  Are you a scrap quilter, or are you NOT?  

So I rummaged around and found enough of these greens to make a scrappy sashing.  SO THERE!  HA!  I like that better, anyway...







I have all the original blockheads patterns saved, and I love each one!



Julie

15 comments:

Rose Marie said...

A patient will love that quilt! Last year I did a barn quilt and all the sashing was different greens. Love it like that. Hopefully your thumb is better today?

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Very pretty colors and so very cheerful--someone is going to love it!!
enjoy, di

Elaine Adair said...

...and to top it off, Violet/Purple is the "Pantone" color for 2018! This lovely project makes you right in style! Elaine Adair

KaHolly said...

It’s gorgeous and will make someone feel very loved and comforted!

Teresa said...

Very nice and how extra nice of you to give it to someone.

Tired Teacher said...

I love it, and I honestly didn't notice the scrappy sashing until I read the rest of the post. I had to go back and view the photo again. It's a lovely quilt and will be adored by whoever receives it.

---"Love" said...

Your color choices are very pretty. I not only saved the Moda Block Head patterns; I made the all, with 2-3 substitutions. All mine are in R/W/B, and they are all together since April, but I can't decide how to quilt them. ---"Love"

Loris said...

Absolutely lovely!

Chantal said...

You can never go wrong with a scrappy sashing. Good call. And bonus point, the quilt is done and no money was spend. Hurray! Your quilt is a little gem. ;^)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great scrappy sashing. Someone will love that quilt.

Julierose said...

Oh I LOVE how you did it scrap-ily! (is that a word?? lol) this is a lovely quilt...nice finsih hugs, Julierose

Randy D. said...

Oh Julie, it came out great!! I have printed those blocks as well and have yet to make mine.

Janet O. said...

Doesn't it feel good to surprise yourself with a finish a little early? :)
Very pretty--I love purple and green together. Good thing your "scrap mentality" finally kicked in so you could finish the sashing. LOL

Vesuviusmama said...

The scrappy sashing is a great touch!

Lori said...

That turned out really great and I'm sure a patient will love it.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...