Saturday, September 8, 2018

Called off today.


I am working on this block, from Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt.  It is kind of quirky, which means I like it, LOL!  I am thinking of adding something to the vase, maybe.  I am finding that I just love the quiet glide of tiny applique stitches through the fabric, and find it very relaxing; kind of a reward for the doing the prep, which is not so much fun to me!!




Image may contain: indoor


I found this table runner picture online...it is so cute for fall!  I have some very dark blue checkered fabric like this, and wonder if it would be the same enough to be a cute substitute!!!
  It was posted by Sheila Mae Chabot, and I am not sure if she made it or not.  I love it, though, and thank you for the inspiration!








I am on call for the hospital...we have very few patients, so I am just sitting here ready to go when they need, or if they do at all...



Have a super day, each of you!!


Julie

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

I have to say that your "quirky" applique block looks to me like something coming to life! :)
That is a very cozy looking runner. You will probably whip it up in no time!

Chantal said...

Love your block but I don't see where the quirky is. I agree with you, the pot needs something ... a bow? a butterfly? I don't know. The table runner is so simple and yet it has so much wow in it. You go, girl, and make your own. ;^)

Quilting Babcia said...

Quirky block - be very afraid! Kidding aside is there a name for that block, what kind of flower does it represent? I love that table runner, so perfect for fall, I'm already envisioning it with some fabrics I've been saving.

Julierose said...

Love this Cactus block (that's what it looks like to me!) Definitely quirky...
And thanks again for the beautiful LCL win fabrics--i really love them...hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

Cute and quirkey!

Tired Teacher said...

The table runner is cute - I think your dark blue check would substitute perfectly.

DebbieM said...

I love that table runner! I can see it done in Christmas fabric as well!

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...