Monday, April 24, 2023

A mystery quilt finale...or almost.

Good morning!!!  Above is my almost finished quilt top from the mystery quilt on Facebook.  Here is the link, if you would like to pursue this one. All the patterns are free and under files.   I took a few liberties and made it my own.  Only one more border to go!!!

(2) EQP Mystery 2022 | Facebook

A picture in progress.

And another picture in progress!!!  I machine appliqued for the first time in my life.  Those little petal blocks were really slowing me down, and so I wondered what would happen if I sewed some of them  on my machine...and it was fine.  Not heirloom sewing here, but this is not for show, and will be just fine and warm for someone on the bed.



 I resurrected these blocks, and sewed this much together.  Of course it needs to be much bigger!



UFO busting here, folks!!!


Happy Monday to you!


Julie

16 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt (almost)!

Rose Marie said...

I have those files for that mystery quilt and I'm loving what you have done!

Katie said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the colors you've chosen. And if machine applique gets the job done, I'm all for it!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful quilt!

MissPat said...

I love that last UFO shown. It would make a striking table runner just with what you done so far.
Pat

Robin said...

Your quilt looks wonderful, it reminds me of an illustration from my childhood. It just makes me happy - great colors.

Julierose said...

Lovely quilt!! I think your machine applique looks super;))
Loving the red blocks, too hugs, Julierose

Nancy said...

Gorgeous mystery quilt, Julie! I looked into this when you first posted about it but because it was going to turn out square, I decided against it. Your finish makes me reconsider. I love the colors and fabrics you used. Really, really beautiful!
I love your red quilt, too. You have such a great eye for quilts.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a great mystery quilt. I'm bummed I missed it, but thanks for the link.

Little Penpen said...

What a beautiful quilt!!

Janet O. said...

It's a beautiful mystery quilt! Everything works together so well, and you were smart to machine applique. Great job, Julie.

Cindy B said...

Love your mystery quilt!!!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a cool mystery! Great job on a fun pattern!

Lori said...

What a sweet quilt top! Love the 2 color one you are working on now.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a beautiful mystery quilt!!
And the pineapple blossoms. they look so great!!!

Sharon said...

So many good things going on in your post. I certainly love the Pineapple r/w. The applique piece is also stunning

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...