Thursday, April 6, 2023

A ufo finished!



Good morning, or afternoon!  or good night!  I finished the borders on the above quilt of valor.  I am so happy to have it all completed, at least the top.  Hurrah!




I made a squishy out of the tiny trimmings from this quilt.  I take a basket of these to my work and they disappear throughout the day.




 I also completed a needle book.  The center is an amazing, appliqued circle, sewn by a friend, with a sheep in the fabric.  I used to raise sheep, and so I love it, and the lovely, tiny stitches used to sew it.




Hope all is well with you!



Julie

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

Nice work.. what is a squishy

Rose Marie said...

You are doing great with your UFO's. Your squishy looks flat?

Julierose said...

What a pretty zig-zag log cabin you've finished!! So pretty!! Nice work hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Gorgeous QOV - one that will be treasured by a veteran.

Robin said...

What a great finish. I love the quilts of valor program.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on the UFO quilt top finish. Are the squishy's hot pads/mug rugs?

Janet O. said...

A lovely r/w/b finish--or I should say two finishes, because of that beautiful quilt and the cute squishy.
Looks like a sweet needle book, made all the more special by the circle from a friend (any chance it is from a friend who raises goats?).

Sharon Kwilter said...

I hope you'll do a post about the squishy's. I'd love to know what they are for.

Lori said...

Love the quilt top!!
The needlebook is so cute and special~!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt.....

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...