Sunday, August 28, 2022

Slow Sunday stitching



Good morning!!!  I recently re-discovered these blocks.  In an attempt to be spick and span, I put them away, and then I could not find the blocks!!  I found them today...hurrah!!  I put the first three together today.  It is a red and white sampler from Bee in my Bonnet.  





I worked on these blocks.  The strips to make these came from my 2.5 inch strip bin...and I can report that the bin in more full than ever.  Keep going, self!!  I have 35 blocks cut out and ready to go.





I finished hand binding this quilt.  It was made from a donated quilt top.  I had it machine quilted. 


At last the quilting is finished on this little quilt.  Yahoo!  I put it away, not finished...and now it is done, for good.  




 And hand binding is completed on this quilt, also a donated quilt top. All this hand binding is my slow stitching for the week.  I am linking to Kathy, here:

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2022/08/slow-sunday-stitching_01264256451.html




Have you ever experienced a bully?  At work or in school? They go for perceived weaker, kind, quiet people.  People who can make them feel superior, by being mean to them, to make their sorry lives seem better.   I find that these bullied folks are the ones who eventually retaliate, or leave the situation.  Any thoughts on this?


In other news, after a MONTH of 100 degree temps...we had blessed rain.  My lawn is just loving it!


Have a lovely day!



7 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects you are working on!

AnnieO said...

Plenty of needle and thread time for you--great quilts!
I have seen bullies in action but never experienced being a target--since I was a kid in school, anyway. I have no insight as to why this superiority and attacking vulnerable people makes bullies feel great. It is a mystery of human behavior, to me.

Nancy said...

Great quilts, Julie. You amaze me at how much you get done, along with working full-time outside the home. You must be a great manager of your time.

ButterZ said...

I totally agree with your bully statement. After putting up with it for months and no support from management I finally resigned and moved on. Whereas the bullies are left to move on to the next person with nothing said to them.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I am a sucker for red and white samplers; actually, truth be told, for red and white quilts of any type! Yours is lovely. You have a closet that just keeps giving~ I have one of those too! ;) You've had some very nice finishes lately, bravo!

Joyce Carter said...

Wow! Julie, you have accomplished sooo much and everything looks sooo pretty. I love the red and white sampler blocks. I enjoy making these type of blocks because they are all different and you are not having to make the same one over and over. They really make beautiful scrappy quilts.
I have always been a shy, quiet person so I have been bullied before. It happened my first year in school. This girl got on the school bus in the afternoon and would come to my seat and pinch me, make me slide over, then mess with my things. She also laughed at me because I would cry. The bus moniter saw her one day and told me to go sit in her seat, then she talked to this girl. She never bothered me again after that so I don't know what was said. But I was sooo glad that it didn't happen any more. That is the only time I was ever bullied. I still remember that girl's name to this day and I still don't like her. LOL

Chookyblue...... said...

Lots of great quilts finished..... Love the second blocks down.......
Yes I have been bullied at work....... There is no joy in it........

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...