Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Wagon wheel progress



I finished the second row on my Wagon Wheel quilt, from long ago.  It feels good to have something coming along toward a finish, Especially a quilt from long ago.  

 Dot found out about this amazing quilt, from my last post!  Thank you, Dot!


Here is the information about the quilt and it's makers.  


https://christianscholarsconference.org/arts-civil-rights-and-the-csc/



I just thought is was a fun idea, but so often there is more to the quilt than meets the eye!



Hope each of you is having a great day!


Julie


3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

How very cool about the abstract quilt! I didn't notice the moon and stars before that!

I love the wagon wheels (especially the one that reminds me of a biohazard sign) and the small pinwheel blocks that echo the movement of the wheels. Very clever!

Janet O. said...

I can relate to your comment about it feeling good to get a quilt from "long ago" moving toward a finish. Your Wagon Wheels are looking really good!
That is fun to discover "the rest of the story" on that great quilt.

Chookyblue...... said...

I do like the wagon wheels.....

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...