Sunday, August 29, 2021

A week's worth of effort


I worked my plan, of working on a different project every week...lots of effort into each one!  Above is my Sunday project.  Applique day!!!  These are the final four blocks for my Mrs.  Lincoln's quilt, that I am making with Cathy.  Hurrah!!  





Monday, I worked on strings.  Plaid strings and hearts...and now I have a plan.  I laid everything out, and made these 5 string blocks.  PROGRESS!!!







I could not resist making this little heart quilt, from some of the heart/string blocks.  A plain, drab border seemed best, so the hearts could shine.



These are actually 1930's blocks!!  The flag looks perfect in the finished quilt. A quilt along from 2019, this one had stalled.  No longer stalled, though...I have these blocks completed, and three more cut out.  This is my Tuesday project.




This quilt is so special, near and dear to my heart.  My friend Lyn cut this whole quilt out for me, in the designer's original fabrics, and I am just so in love with it.  I made the above eight 6 inch blocks, that go in the quilt.  It is from Editar Sitar; Laundry Basket Quilts.  This is my Wednesday project.





I purchased a special project box to keep this all together...it is so special to me that I savor it, and save it.  No more saving it for good....must get it done and start enjoying the finished project!  Thank you, Lyn!!


By the way, that is a 1930's influence...saving things that you especially treasure for "good."  We should not do that! Burn the pretty candles, use the good dishes...use it now, for life is short!!!  Make the quilts that are most special to you!










Here is my 100 blocks in 100 days quilt.  I finished five blocks this week...see above.  This is my Thursday project, along with the baby quilt below.



Doggy blocks!!!  A sew along from Sew Fresh Quilts!





Friday is a Quilt of Valor day.  Red, White, and blue squares were cut, and a plan developed.  I feel very called to make a quilt of valor, and make it soon.

The plan is the hardest part for me!!



Friday is also solids day...this quilt is all cut out, just need to continue sewing the blocks. 



Saturday is Rainbow quilt...our friend Angela is our hostess, encouraging us to use our rainbow scraps!  So I made another one of these blocks..  Hurrah!



And now it is back to Sunday, so I will work on applique again!


I am going to get sidetracked, I know that...but it sure has been fun challenging myself to move some projects forward!




Have a lovely day, each of you...


Julie
 

13 comments:

Julierose said...

Every day's project is just lovely--I really like the Mrs. Lincoln blocks..nice work on all of these...meanwhile, I am still "stringing" along...making a block a day for as long as I can sit and sew...sciatica is so stubborn!!
Hugs, Julierose

susan q said...

You are very focused Julie! Congrats on that♥ Love your blog and health suggestions, so timely now. Stay safe and send positive thoughts to those in Hurrican Ida's path:)

MaureenHP said...

The plaid hearts are quite cute! And I love the solids quilt!

Terry said...

Everything looks great, but I love that blue star block! :0)

MissPat said...

I commend you for being able to keep track of 7 active, well actually 8, projects. Certainly some older projects will get moved along this way. I get stalled on finishing all the blocks, but not getting the top sewn together, or if I do, not getting it quilted. Oh, the excuses we make.

Annie said...

Wow! This is a great way to tackle multiple projects and not get bogged down. Your organizational skills match your quilting talents! Such inspiration…

Susan said...

I'm so impressed with your progress on everything!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great plan, and I’m thrilled that it’s working for you! My mother always kept things for “good,” but later in life she started using more of them. My philosophy is to use and enjoy every gift.

QuiltGranma said...

Great progress on all these projects, but I would get confused. So many projects!

Rose Marie said...

I like your idea of working on different projects each day. That way, you will see great progress on a number of projects after a month. My favourite is the solids. I have that pattern and a lot of solids.

Binsa said...

Fantastic effort Julie

Lori said...

Wow! Look at you go! Such terrific projects!

Vicki W said...

I made a quilt with those doggy blocks. I gave it to a friend who works with a local animal shelter. That quilt is still one of my all time favorites. It was so much fun selecting fabric to give each pup a unique personality.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...