Monday, July 20, 2020

Caps for Caregivers!!!!

 I have been making caps today!!  I made these four, above, from this pattern: 

http://theboltquiltshop.com/


If you click on the link, it takes you to the main page for the quilt shop, and the video tutorial is there.  The tutorial is done well, by a very nice, great seamstress, and makes a very nice finished cap, that can be laundered often and hold up. 


http://theboltquiltshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/The-BOLT-Quilt-Shop-Lined-Tieback-Scrub-Cap-Supplement-to-our-Tutorial-Pattern-Templates.pdf


This link is for the cap templates.






 Loris sent caps!!!  and more and more caps!  So very pretty....
 and masks, too!!  I cannot tell you how thrilled the nurses were to receive these...thank you!
 And Debbie!  OH my goodness, wow!  Aren't these so, so pretty?!  All these are now being used by nurses.  Thank you, thank you!!  THANK YOU!  Debbie, I have sent you several emails, but no response...hope you are OK?  Let me know please!!
 And Lori!!  OH wow!  How very, very pretty!  I must tell you there was a bit of a tiffle about the yellow strawberry cap...everyone loved it a lot! THANK YOU!!
 Cherylle also sent caps!  She has been making them for a while, helping nurses!  Aren't they pretty!!!  Perfect..THANK YOU!!!
 Dotti sent caps, in the style that I gave you the link today. SO CUTE!! 
 Again, those kitty caps were big favorites.  Some of the nurses are putting headbands over the caps, with buttons on the headbands, in coordinating or contrasting colors, and putting buttons on the headbands, because 12 hours of wearing the mask loops behind the ear hurts.

THANK YOU, Dotti!!!!!  and she also made the black mask for me, in the top picture.  So appreciated!!
And ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my goodness, lookie!  Aren't these just so pretty?  I love them so, so much!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  Gorgeous, perfect caps!!  Did you know Annie is coordinating healthcare for her entire island, trying to find docs to care for their aging population? She is a dynamo!






To everyone who is helping, sent caps, used their time, talent, energy, materials and love to make these, to you, I am so truly grateful.  The nurses send their sincerest thanks, via me!!!  THANK YOU!!!






I know others are sending them too, and if it is OK, I will picture them as well, before I package them in plastic bags and take them to work to distribute. Except one person who would like to be anonymous.   Congratulations!  We got the entire day shift covered, ladies!  I am working on night shift too!!






In tearful gratitude of your generous hearts,

Julie

10 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job,everyone! The caps are fabulous

Janet O. said...

They look so good. I am glad you are getting so much help. You have some great ladies joining your cause!
I am still immersed in mask making for family, friends, and hospice workers.

Debbiegsp said...

Hi, Julie! I’m so sorry to have caused you even one moment’s anxiety. I have tried to send you 3 e-mails, and my
IPad just sends them to my draft box, and says it cannot be sent to your address. When my daughter looked at it, she couldn’t see any reason for the problem. I got your card in the mail yesterday, and it was so sweet I got all choked up trying to read it out loud to my daughter. Since I first messaged you, my daughter-in-law caught the virus, and has been very ill, but is finally on the mend. My son says he tested positive, but feels fine. Fortunately, they were notified by contact tracing the day after the exposure, and have self-quarantined since then, so they have not spread it. I know everyone is so tired of staying home, but it has to happen for things to improve. I know Texas is having a terrible time and I am praying for all of you healthcare workers to be safe. Thank you for being such a happy ray of sunshine in the middle of this!

Karen said...

Your nurse friends will be so fashionable with the hats and masks.

Sherrill said...

WOW, Julie, you're the mask/cap whisperer huh? HA I was watching the video and at the end it reminded me of bonnet. I saw a different mask video yesterday, watched it and tried it. I do think it's more 'breathable' and it has BASEBALLS! How appropriate, right? Keep it goin'.

Lori said...

Wow! Such generous people!! I'm glad the nurses liked at least one of the prints I used!! LOL

Lynn Dykstra said...

I am bringing bandanas to the first day of class in August. I will teach them how to fold and use as a hair covering.
Learned a good work-around yesterday. Use Google Dictate with large print. Talk holding the phone screen towards the hard-of-hearing patient so they can read in real time what is said.

Mego said...

Fabulous!!! Sewers are the NICEST most GENEROUS people!

Loris said...

What a wonderful outpouring from your readers :-) It's so good to think of nurses being cheered and supported! I received some more interfacing and fabric so I'm going to sew up more caps for your night shifts. I finished sewing up paper pieced cats and could use a break before heading into long paper pieced borders. Its a good day to sew. Hugs :-)

Susan said...

Kudos to all of you for doing something useful and making it cute, too!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...