Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Now I remember why!!!

I bordered all of the blocks for the  "Quilt I didn't remember" today.  So all the blocks are now done! I remember now, why I didn't finish it...I had no more 2 inch squares, in that box that I was using! Who knows what I was thinking...and why did I not go find more squares??  Also, some of the piecing had 1/4 inch seam allowance...and some did not, LOLOL!!!  So that is why it got rolled up in the length of white material and stashed away!  So I corrected the worst blocks, added borders on all of the blocks, and now am working on the sashing pieces.  PROGRESS!!!!
Here is the block.  All two inch squares.

 I am making progress on my string quilt, too!!  That one is super fun, and super fast.  PLAIDS!  in strings! What could possibly be better?


Hope you are having a lovely day!



Julie

13 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great progress! Out of 2” squares?! How on earth is that possible. 😁

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's great that you are working on that quilt because it sure is pretty!

Janet O. said...

How did you ever run out of 2" squares?? LOL
It is looking really good, Julie!
I am liking what I see of your string blocks. You have made so many string beauties. Maybe one day I will actually pull out and finish my string quilt.

julieQ said...

I had hardly anything back then! Lots of repeats!

Binsa said...

Just love your can’t remember quilt Julie

Julierose said...

Nice that you solved your "mystery" quilt, Julie:)))
It is a really pretty pattern...
I like your string houses a lot...neat!! Hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it s looking great!! and I bet that remembrance came to you at 3 in the morning - haha!!

Susan said...

Great progress on TWO fronts! I have a small tote of plaids from thrift store shirts. I can't resist the cheap source of beautiful plaids. I should use some! Oh, the blocks look great with your squares, and so what if they aren't perfect? I could have sent you hundreds of squares. LOL They'd have been 2.5" though. It looks like February is off to a good start at your house!

Jennie in GA said...

I made that top quilt once. Think I traded it for some longarming services. Love yours and the strings.

QuiltGranma said...

So glad you got it figured out, and corrected! Once finished this will be beautiful, and no longer nagging at you!

Vicki W said...

Ignore my previous comment. You answered the questions here!

cspoonquilt said...

It's a great Scrappy block and it will make a wonderful quilt! Funny how things get put away and forgotten. Happens to me A lot! Squirrels like you said...take care!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, progress on that one. I'm sure you have plenty of squares now.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...