Sunday, October 13, 2019

An old scrappy creation

  I have a bunch of the melon part of these blocks ready to stitch down to the white background.  I was intent on hand blanket stitching them down someday, but today, I used the sewing machine and just sewed around the melons.  I kind of do like the folksy look of the hand stitching, so I think I will do the rest of the blocks by hand.



Just another way to use crumbs of fabric...hope you are having a few moments to create something just for you.




Julie

12 comments:

---"Love" said...

Very pretty! Isn't it amazing how solid white or black backgrounds make such stunning quilts?
---"Love"

Elaine Adair said...

Wonderful!!!

Chantal said...

Great way for using up all the little bits of fabric. Looks like a fun project too. Enjoy! ;^)

Annie said...

Julie, I love the look of this scrappy quilt! Oh dear, I hope this isn’t a “Squirrel! Got to make this quilt” moment... that said, what size are your melon pieces?

KaHolly said...

There you go again....inspiring me with your scrappy goodness!

Marly said...

Sweet! Another fun way to use your scraps.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those are fun looking blocks.

Rose Marie said...

Love, love, love these blocks! Great use of scraps. Keep going .....

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wonderful! I, too, love handwork but realize that sometimes the machine needs to make my life easier if I ever hope to finish up all my many UFO's. Either way, this will be fantastic in all of its scrappy glory!!

cspoonquilt said...

I love those blocks!! Scrappy and fun and the pattern they make when they come together is very cool!

Janet O. said...

From scraps to stunning! Love it, Julie!

Jennie in GA said...

It’s going to be another cute one!!!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...