Sunday, July 2, 2023

Busy, busy, busy days!!

 







Good day to everyone!!!  I am chasing squirrels around here.  I just love plaids, as many of you know already, and I decided maybe an autumnal quilt was in order...with hearts.  Oh, my heart just sings while working on these applique hearts!!  This was so I could have some hand work to do on a recent road trip.




I finished the hand quilting of this little quilt, and it will actually be a pillow, to replace the absolutely worn out one that my husband uses for his back while sitting on the couch.  I love hand quilting!


I finished this quilt, too!  This is from Lori's quilt along, of Humble Quilts.   All plaids!!!  and hand quilted, just in time for the fourth of July.


What are you up to???




*********************Nurse's notes*****************


Hospice has been closed for two weeks now, and I have floated to many other units in the hospital, nursing very different populations of patients.  From sickle cell patients, (one young sickle cell patient asked for one thing...a Twix candy bar!)  of course I got her one, LOL!...to oncology, heart patients, to ICU and vented patients, to code blues, to a darling Alzheimer's patient who fell backward and had a brain bleed.  To a young man, who left against medical advice...and I am afraid for his very life, he is so sick.  It has been challenging, exhausting, and so, so fun.  I even went to the ER for a day and did ER nursing!  Wow...I really respect those nurses...they rock!!!

I am delighted to be off today!!!


Julie

10 comments:

Robin said...

Plaid hearts, only you. . . I've noticed that I lean toward certain things too, like a certain shade of red. That shade seems to be in everything I make.
The pillow top is very nice. I've quilted such a long time and have never made anything into a pillow. I need to remedy that.
The welcome mini quilt turned out great. It's just so cheerful.

Carol said...

Thank you for being a nurse!!!

Julierose said...

Your Welcome quilt is so lovely--just great work on it with those gorgeous plaids!:)))
The hearts are coming along really well. I am still working on "using it up" projects after
my 2nd de-stash round donations...whittling my fabrics down to a manageable amount.
My little scrappy offset Log Cabin is waiting in the quilting line...hugs, Julierose

Nancy said...

Such fun hearts! Will your quilt be hearts only or other blocks, too? Do you already have a plan or do you decide as you go along?
Your pillow is delightful and I love that your beautiful Welcome quilt is all plaids.
Your nursing experiences do sound challenging and exhausting so it's wonderful that you also find it fun! You have a kind heart.

Sherrill said...

Why was/is hospice closed? Is that forever? Just curious. The quilt in your header..is that the one you sent Ray? It is beautiful!! I don't want to think about autumn. Just means winter is that much closer--YUCK!

Loris said...

Wow! Quite the time for all the skills! I worked critical care float pool at one job and kind of loved it. I got to do all the different things and learn the different departments without ANY of the politics :-) that is until the nurses went on strike and the whole place was a mess :-( but oh well, it passed. We went on to more craziness ;-)
Lovely sewing projects. I'm sneaking in some time each week at the sewing machine. Working my way through a paper pieced border that seems endless but it involves PLAID. YAY!

Nann said...

Your nursing assignments require versatility! (Thinking of Cherry Ames....) As you know I love those homespuns, too.

AnnieO said...

Your sweet plaid hearts--darling! Love the hand quilting on all your projects.
Staffing shortages you turned into positive experiences---I'm sure your patients loved you in every rotation.

Lori said...

Quilting keeps your sanity!
Floating at the hospital keeps you sharp! WOW!

Chookyblue...... said...

the welcome quilt is lovely..........
sounds like your mixing it up well and truly nursing at present.....I must have missed what happened to the hospice......hope you enjoyed your day off........

Sewing right along!

Hello!!  I made a few zipper bags for the guild sales table, to raise money for the guild scholarships.  I bought zippers on Amazon for penn...