Saturday, July 15, 2023

Star centers and plaid hearts

 


Hello!!!  Above are the centers of my husband's quilt.  He liked the red, white and blue quilt I recently donated, so I jumped on the chance to make one just like it for him.  I am making such good progress on it!  It is going so much better the second time around. 





I made this block as a practice block.  Ignore the center, please, I just trimmed it to fit when it was too big for the rest of the block. But now?  I know how to make the block!  Hurrah!!




I have finished the applique on all but two of my applique hearts.   These just scream fall time, don't they?  But here, it is over 100 degrees each day.  HOT!!!


Hope each of you is doing fantastic!



Julie

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Love red white and blue....very nice!

marina said...

Beautiful star quilt!

Rose Marie said...

Nice bunch of new projects happening! You are having fun, aren't you!

Julierose said...

I just love your plaid hearts--they do say "Autumn" for sure!!
I am missing my sewing machine a lot--but I will try to work on my JP applique Moon Garden piece--it is pretty big to handle...we shall only try-- and then hope for the best
Many hugs, Julierose

Loris said...

Lovely! Isn't it fun when the husband likes what you're making :-) A good feeling!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...