Thursday, June 15, 2023

Round and round I go!!

 

I have been making flying geese to go around the Squirrel Star quilt.  So named because...it is a squirrel!!!  It is sort of a springtime, pastel quilt.  I have sewn a zillion flying geese for it and have more to go.



I went to an estate sale this spring, and the lady selling her things and was moving to Switzerland.  In her things were some 100% cotton sheets, still in the yellowed, old packaging.   I bought a couple.  I took one out of the package, washed it, and WOW!!!  It is the softest, thickest sheet I have ever imagined, much less felt.  It is wonderful for piecing!!!  They were a very odd size, and the one I washed was smaller than a twin size.  I am loving piecing with it!!!  I translated the writing on the package, to find out what it said.  I have never seen such a high-quality sheet in my life.





I was just playing here...fun piecing!
I added another round on the Unity quilt.  I made this round simple.  I could not make the scraps I had work right in making the round in the pattern, so I just did this.  It will be just fine!!!


Hope you are doing fine too!!



Julie

10 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Wow - for such a busy woman, you sure get a lot of beautiful things accomplished!

Elaine Adair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I look at your quilts and I know that I have to practice more at making flying geese. Yours look so precise. Thanks for sharing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats an amazing one!! I like that you are flying in circles haha!

Julierose said...

That Star quilt is so pretty--I have begun another Log Cabin (we llonies just canNOT stay away from them too long, right?hahaha)
Your Flying Geese look great to me...nice work in progress
hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love the Squirrel Star! It’s gorgeous.

Lori said...

Look at you go! Love flying geese borders although they are a bit labor intense.
Cool on the sheets!

Nann said...

Great estate sale score -- and good for you for finally using the fabric, even though not on a bed. Your new quilt looks great. How many rounds of geese do you plan?

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the spring squirrel... so pretty!
What a great idea to use a sheet for background fabric... that would never occur to me!

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the squirrel star quilt......

How I magically used lots of scraps but ended up with even more!!!!

Well, I am making a simple rail fence, for a chemo quilt.  I ended up using a lot of my 2.5 inch scraps strips, and felt rather virtuous, bu...