Monday, December 26, 2022

Mystery quilt, clue five



Happy day after Christmas!!!  Clue five of the mystery quilt has been released, and many of us are hard at work sewing pieces and parts, and surprising, we are making blocks already!!  


Mine are super scrappy.



I have two made, and others in the pipeline!  Great fun!




 A dear friend from my childhood (we are talking 50 years ago) has sent me these cat blocks.  Rather, she sent me the brown pieces.  I have this many pieced. How fun to connect with someone I used to do 4-H with at 8 years of age??



Hope you are having a great day, each of you!  I am in cleaning mode...zoom, zoom!



Julie

6 comments:

AnnieO said...

Hey Julie, love the kitties! Congrats on progress with the sewalong mystery clues. The colors this year are not ones I’d have enough of in stash. Pretty though! Happy New Year

Astrid said...

Great progress on the Mystery Quilt, love the scrappy look. OOH! How nice of your childhood friend to give you the cat block. What a fun quilt that's going to be.

Janet O. said...

Your mystery quilt blocks are really pretty, happy things. Nice job!
That is a sweet connection on those cat blocks. It will be a special finish. I took 4-H sewing with neighborhood friends a long time ago (longer than 50 years--yikes) and am out of touch with all of them. I wonder if any of them are quilters now?

Andra Ridout said...

Your Mystery blocks are lovely! I am seriously considering a trip to the fabric store because the only aqua that I have left for the larger center squares is directional and a little irritating so I might want something else. I will probably use the same one throughout.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your mystery blocks are looking great! I hope to sew a few today myself. And those cat blocks are so FUN! Hope you have lots of time for sewing (not cleaning!) today!

Anonymous said...

Have a healthy, happy New Year. Thanks for all that you share.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...