Sunday, March 24, 2024

Puffins and purples!!



I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors, to accent the puffin fabric centers.  So much fun!  I am sewing the pieces in steps...one step at a time.



This quilt is a layer cake challenge.  Paula gave me a layer cake, that she had cut herself from yardage, and she said...make something!!  So I am!!!



Above are my purple blocks for March.  Great fun, and yes, my kitty encouraged more kitten blocks.


Here is my progress so far on Puffin blocks.  What fun!!


Hope you are having fun too!


Julie
 

11 comments:

Dotti in CT said...

Could beHalloween quilt. Glad to read your blog today. Been a while and glad that all is well.
Dotti in CT

cityquilter grace said...

Love the puffin quilt!

Astrid said...

All pretty blocks. Your puffin blocks look like sew much fun to make.

Donna said...

That puffin quilt is so bright and fun! The layer cake quilt is going to be really pretty.

Nann said...

We saw puffins in their habitat when we were in Newfoundland. They are such appealing birds! The blocks you're making would be great to showcase a whole array of novelties.

marina said...

Love your quilts in progress and the quilts in your previous post too!

ButterZ said...

Great progress being made

Elaine Adair said...

ANYTHING with the word "Puffins" in it just hAS to be cute! Good job on all of them - just saying the word "PUFFINS" makes one smile!

Kit Charles said...

"Great job on this blog! Your research is thorough and your writing style is engaging."
https://www.discountdrift.com/

Edvin Berg said...

"Your blog has become a go-to resource for me whenever I want to learn more. Keep up the fantastic work!"
https://www.couponsstudio.com/

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow the puffin blocks look great......

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...