Sunday, August 20, 2023

1/2 square triangles!

I had a chance to work on these 1/2 square triangle blocks.  All solid fabrics.  They were great fun to sew!  More to come, now that I have triangulations and can make them more accurately.  


 
The patterns are all found in this book by Lisa Bongean, of Primitive Gatherings.  It is a lovely book!



Would anyone like some reproduction fabrics?  This bundle was on the free table at guild, and I really would like someone to have it.  Just leave a message, and if more than one person is interested, I will draw for it on Tuesday.



Does everyone know about this but me?  This stuff is great!  It works as a template, like cut out cardboard, but is much thinner and makes a wonderful template to press around for simple shapes.  I love it!!!




**********************Nurse's notes*************************


Our friend Angie made it to Cleveland!!!  A long journey, but she is tough, and she made it there.  A plan is being formulated about what are her next surgical steps for her heart.  Your prayers worked!!!  Thank you so much for them!!!!!!!!




Julie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love repro. If no one else I happily receive. Dotti in CT. If chosen will send address by email.

Lovely day in CT.

Susan said...

I love repro fabrics but have too much of everything! How nice of you to offer them. I’m sure someone will enjoy them as they are not too easy to get anymore.

JAK said...

I really love reproduction fabric --- the only style I look for. Would consider myself SO lucky to win your giveaway.

PS. Thank you for your blog. I look forward to every post!

Anonymous said...

Good news about Angie, so far. I'll continue with prayers and good thoughts for your friend.
Thanks for sharing.

cityquilter grace said...

prayer victorious again!

Nancy said...

I forget how versatile the humbler HST is until I see blocks like these. (And the one in your header photo, too.) Beautiful blocks, beautiful quilt.
Yes, please, to the reproduction fabric stack.
Continued prayers for Angie....

Julierose said...

I would love thar repo fabric bundle--;))
Your blocks are so pretty--saying a decade for her each evening...;)))
hugs, Julierose

liz said...

I would love some reproduction fabric : )

PymaGirl said...

Would love to add some reproduction fabrics to my stash. Thank you for your generosity in offering a drawing.

Janet O. said...

Such good news about Angie!!
What beautiful, colorful HST blocks. I once did a sampler in all HST blocks, but it was all in purple and green, with neutral backgrounds. Yours looks like confetti at a party. :)

Robin said...

Your solid color quilt is so fun to look at. Lots of vitality. Good news about Angie.

Barbara F said...

What fun, colorful blocks you’ve made! Good to hear an update on Angie. The power of prayer is amazing!

Mary Jo Belk said...

I’d love to have the reproduction fabrics to use in repairing the quilt that my grandmother’s grandmother made, probably in the early 1900’s. Need a variety of small pieces of fabric rather than yardage that most places want you to buy.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

(No to the fabrics)
LOVE your Half squares!!! During covid I did the Happy Halfsquare Block a long on my blog and I did them in all patriotics - I am REALLY loving you bright solid colors... may have to revisit that!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm glad Angie made it. I've not heard about heat resistant plastic templates. Tell me more, please.

Nann said...

I like the bright sampler blocks!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...