Wednesday, September 7, 2022

A new squirrel!


Good morning!  Have you heard of the disappearing block quilts?  Probably so!!  This is my disappearing four patch.  PLAIDS!!!!!  Is there anything better?  I think not!!!  Except scrappy plaids.

You can find the pattern here:  Free!



Disappearing 4 Patch Quilt Block Tutorial - YouTube





 I have been hand quilting in the evenings, while my hubby watches the news.  I am done with this quilt!! YAHOO!


On to the next hand quilting project...seems like I never run out of these.



Have you made a disappearing four patch quilt?



Julie

8 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Your new squirrel is pretty in plaids!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Beautiful plaids. Aren’t squirrels fun ;-)

Janet O. said...

Oh, love what you are doing with the plaids. I have not made a disappearing 4-patch. I started a disappearing pinwheel a few years ago and it is in a box somewhere. Or...maybe it disappeared!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I tried a block a few years ago, then tucked it away but after seeing your plaids, I am anxious to see more of yours. I pulled out Halloween / autumn strings to work on for the upcoming weekend. Kathy

Chookyblue...... said...

disappearing nine patch is always a great one.....

RuthW in MD said...

I did a small disappearing nine patch once. I got very frustrated. I kept thinking, Why can't I just cut the blocks the finished size at the beginning? So I don't plan to make any more disappearing block quilts. Your plaids look great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh love this Squirrel!!!!
What fun!

Kyle said...

Plaid-o- rific

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...