Sunday, October 3, 2021

A reckoning

I do use some archaic language at times.   When I was little, my daddy would tell me to give him a reckoning of what I was doing...


" the time when one is called to account for one's actions, to pay one's debts, or to fulfill one's promises or obligations."  


So here is my accounting!  

I have worked at the hospital for the last three days...glad for a day off, to do laundry and cook and catch up!!!  Above is my rainbow quilt...I just need 8 more blocks.  Yahoo!  Progress!!!




My string quilt turned heart quilt is coming along.  I am loving it so far...great fun!  All this fabric was junk...cast off shirts, and scraps.  My favorite thing!





I am started a new applique quilt, for Sundays...a woolie applique.  Stay tuned...not sure where I am going with this one, LOL!!!





It is fall time here...so I got out my autumn table runner and some old décor things...except the pumpkin, which jumped into my basket at the grocery store.





This heart is a squishie...I recently cut a whole quilt out of browns...so for the slivers, I piled them up on a piece of batting and backing, spray starched them, pressed them down, and sewed all over the top....then cut  a heart shape and bound the whole thing.  It is a pretty big heart, and thick enough to use as an effective pot holder.  


Waste not, want not!!




In that thrifty vein, I used my cut off triangles to make pinwheels.  Someday...I will have a pinwheel quilt!



Have a great week, everyone!


Julie


11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh I do like that to quilt...... Enjoy your break from work.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats a good reckoning! Love that Star quilt!! Glad you had a day off!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

❤️ the rainbow star blocks! They are cheerful and will make a fabulous quilt.

Robin said...

The rainbow star quilt is just delightful. Wish I was caught up with scraps like you seem to be. I made a simple pinwheel quilt a few years ago. I let my oldest daughter pick out the quilt she wanted and that's the one she loved. Of course, it was the only purple themed quilt in the bunch so I wasn't too surprised.

MaureenHP said...

I really like the string quilt turned heart quilt. You always share such beautiful projects in-the-making.

KaHolly said...

Enjoyed stopping by and seeing your most recent projects. You are always such a scrappy inspiration! Stay well!

kathiquilts said...

well for starters, a thank you to a nursing hero is in order! I'll follow that up with a big smile -- that rainbow quilt is just so happy! Enjoy your well earned day off!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow, your "reckoning" adds up to a lot of beautiful work! They are all wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing where you "go" with that Sunday applique!

Janet O. said...

My Dad often used the phrase "day of reckoning". Your accounting of your activities shows how well you use your time. I really like the rainbow colors of the star blocks. And the string quilt/heart quilt is so you. ;)
You are good at making use of every little bit.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Such nice use of scraps, good idea with the pot holder. Love your new wool applique blocks, and the rainbow quilt is coming along so well. String quilt with the hearts is pretty too. Just fun and nice projects with a good progress.

Anonymous said...

裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間 , 裸聊直播間

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...