Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Just some things!

I almost finished one more block, of the Jenni Gaston "Ready for Spring" applique.    Two more blocks to go!
Oh wow, did you see Bonnie Hunter's quilt made from solid colored fabrics?  I cut out a few blocks, experimenting with that one!  You can see it here:


Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Color On Color!



I made a few more little keychain purses for American Heart.



Now there is a story about this terribly ugly pie!  I was asked to make a pumpkin pie, below.  But I had leftover crust, and made this apple Franken pie, above!  It was really good, but was certainly an ugly thing, made of leftover pieces, just like Frankenstein!
Pumpkin pie, per request!  I actually love when I get requests to bake something...fun, fun, fun!


Have a lovely day!



Julie
 

12 comments:

Binsa said...

I liked the solid colour blocks on Bonnie’s site. I remember years ago when I worked full time and was late home from work and the evening meal to cook. I made a chicken dish for the life of me cannot remember what was in it.It was pretty bad because the dog wouldn’t eat it and hubby and daughter jacked up. I had to go and buy a pizza.To this day they still tease me about the chicken surprise dinner.At least your pie was edible Julie.

Chookyblue...... said...

Never had pumpkin pie but I'm on my way over to try some.....

Julierose said...

Just lovely applique blocks, Julie...nice work hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Getting so close on Ready for Spring.
I do love the look of he solids, but have never actually purchased them, other than a remnant here or there. One day I hope to make a pretty quilt in solids--after some serious shopping for them. :)
Your little keychain purses really are adorable.
Love the Franken Pie! Hey, it all tastes good, regardless of the appearance, right? LOL

Susan said...

With sweet things, I find the "never look too closely" rule to be quite effective. =)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cut that pie up and serve it with some chocolate ice cream (yes, I like chocolate ice cream with apple pie). I bet it was yummy!

sue s said...

I only get/make pumpkin pie once a year as I am the only one (besides my mother-now deceased) who eats it! Bonnie's blocks are amazing as solids! I do use solids in my quilts as tone-on-tones, but haven't done a full solid before. Your appliqué is very nice too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Regardless of how the pie looked, I'm sure it tasted heavenly! Bonnie's quilt-of-solids certainly caught my eye, too, it's a beauty.

Kyle said...

Your quilt blocks are lovely and the Franken pie just cracks me up. I'm sure it was delicious.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking good on projects Julie - and the pies......yummy! Hugs

QuiltGranma said...

Remember, looks are not everything. It is what is inside that counts! Franken pie or not!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Beautiful applique blocks Julie. Love them and your pouches.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...