Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Quilt group met today!


My quilting bee, the "Unraveled" group, met today.  They are such good friends, and many of us have known each other for almost thirty years!  One has cancer...one had a subdural hematoma recently!  with burr holes placed...and all are OK for today.  I am so grateful! 

The group is making this quilt as a challenge, and I decided to get moving and finish it up already!  I was out of red, so went and got three yards of the closest match I could find today.  Who knew there were so many subtle shades of red!    It will be quickly finished, now.

 Just playing with quilt pieces and parts...such fun!


And these hexies...still puzzling about how to finish them into something.





Hope each of you is having a lovely day today!  I did not do ONE LICK of housework...well, I did take out trash and did one load of clothes...and that I IS IT!!



Rebel that I am!



Julie

7 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I had some Hexagon Flowers and paired them with 9 patches for a cute quilt. Glad to have that UFO on its way to being finished!

---"Love" said...

Good for you, just spending the day doing what you wish. You deserve it! ---"Love"

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

We all need days like yours-- they're good for the soul. Your challenge quilt is really pretty! Do you know what the best part about housework is? It will still be there tomorrow and the day after that, not to worry!

Karen said...

Yes, red comes in a multitude of shades. I was told many years ago that, if it is a red, it goes with any other red in a scrap quilt. But I do have trouble putting orange reds with burgandy shades, etc.

Kyle said...

I love the name of your quilt group. I'm also in a group where we have known each other going on almost 40 years. Of course, we were all babies then. Hahaha. I don't know what I would do without these women in my life. I know you feel the same.

Chantal said...

Oh YES! I love the border in the first picture. That's gonna make heads turn. LOVE it. I also love the rebel in you. Its sister lives with me, ha! Enjoy the game of association with the small units ;^)

KaHolly said...

All of your scrappy quilting projects are so inspirational to me. When I read one of your posts, I can’t wait to dig through my bins and get to work.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...