Sunday, December 23, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching, on an oldie, but a goodie!

I made this quilt some years ago, and some of you might recognize it.  I was so, so careful, to do only my best work, and am amazed when I look at those tiny stitches, now!!! It is my favorite quilt, and I have been hand quilting it for some years.  I have all the center blocks quilted, and I am working on the border.

I take it out from time to time and put a few stitches in, and then carefully put it away.

So...this is my slow stitching project for today!!!


I am linking to Kathy, 

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2018/12/slow-sunday-stitching_23.html




Have a great day, all of you!

Julie

9 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

That quilt is drop-dead gorgeous! I hope you can get it finished before long so you can keep it out to see and use every day. Merry Christmas!

scottylover said...

Beautiful! I have a block of the month from 2005 that I am doing the same thing with. Quilting the borders on it, too!
Sandy

Joyce Carter said...

Julie, that quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I really love the scalloped borders. This is an heirloom in the making and one to cherish.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Lori said...

It is gorgeous and will be a true heirloom!

Jenny said...

So lovely, and since you are now up to quilting in the borders, the end is in sight!

Karrin Hurd said...

What a gorgeous quilt.. Thanks so much for sharing!

Janet O. said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Julie!!

Quilter Kathy said...

So beautiful Julie! I love these long term treasures that have years of memories stitched into them!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Pretty! Pretty!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...