Monday, November 26, 2018

Just a bit of wee progress

 I made this block, for my strippy, red ,white, and blue, and orphan block  quilt.  HAHA!!  That is a lot of adjectives for one quilt!
 It is true fall time here.  The leaves are falling thick and fast, and the wind whipped them almost all from our trees.  So...the above little quilt is a fun and appropriate one for this season.  My friend Lyn gave me the tiny quilt stand, years ago, and I have had so much fun and enjoyment of it!   My friend at work, Dianna, gave me the heart rock. She found it in her yard, and thought of me.  She is a sweet lady and excellent nurse!
I have made several little quilts for the seasons, for that little quilt hanger. I have a snowman one somewhere, unless I gave it away when someone said they liked it, LOL!!!





Have a great day, each of you?  Are any of you working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt??  It is called Good Fortune!


Here is the first clue!!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/11/good-fortune-part-1.html





Julie

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

A sweet heart block by a sweetheart of a lady!
That is a cute little hanger. You are well stocked with displays for the seasons and holidays. :)

Lori said...

That little stand is really cute. We are past the autumn stage, just waiting for snow now!!
Are you doing the mystery? I considered it, but have lots of things in the fire right now.

Quilting Babcia said...

Love that little quilt block! I've had a stack of 30s repro hearts for many years, and that star block may just be my inspiration to finally do something with them! Your tiny quilt stand is adorable and perfect for all your seasonal minis. We had our first snow dump of 12-14 inches before the oak trees had even lost their leaves. Strange fall in these parts. Have a great week!

TakeMeThereTotes said...

I like your seasonal minis. Perfect little display hanger. I have never felt like I wanted to commit to one of the mystery quilts. I came close on Alletaire but in the end I decided I would work on some of the many many projects in process. I do many of the Temecula sew alongs because they are small and don’t take too long to complete.

We took a trip to East Texas this past weekend and saw beautiful fall color. I enjoyed it so much!

Tired Teacher said...

What an adorable collection of mini quilts you've made for the stand.

Sherrill said...

I did ONE Bonnie mystery and it was Easy Street..sitting waiting for borders, that's ALL. Then a back and quilting and that sucker would be done. But not YET!! I lucked out with that one cause Bonnie uses lots of TINY pieces normally and her rulers don't work for me. I screw em up every single time. But I have done one (almost)!

Karrin Hurd said...

I’m doing my first Bonnie mystery and have almost half the blocks done. I have a mini quilt rack similar to yours, just doesn’t have the hearts

Kyle said...

Your seasonal mini's make a sweet display on the quilt rack. It's nice to have so many done. Fall is long gone here. Wish it had stayed around a little longer.

Angie said...

That little stand is adorable!! And now I want to make a maple leaf block and applique Autumn on it. :D Love the heart rock--I have quite a collection of heart rocks that I've picked up from the lake bank. They always cause me to stop and breathe.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...