Saturday, June 8, 2024

progress



Good morning!!  I am working on the above quilt of valor for this year.  It is actually all together, and just needs to be sent off to Ray, for his quilt project for veterans.  I did have to discard a block made of red bandana fabric, as the fabric shrunk a lot with pressing.  Polyester, maybe?




I made a few simple blocks for rainbow quilts. Always great fun...and I still have to trim threads.


I have been sorting through old projects, and this one came to the light of day.  Just triangles...a lot of them.  LOTS!!  I put it back in the closet.


Red zig zags!  Before I knew it, I had cut out a whole quilt, using reds.  Bright, bright, bright!!! and so much fun to sew!!




A star block is fun!!
Kitty cat!!  Heaven's sakes, dear...
But mom!!!  I am helping!!!!


My big camera is not speaking to the computer, as the two of them have had a falling out.  I am using my cell phone until they sort out their differences.


Hope you are having a lovely day!



Julie
 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Great WIPs you've got going, Julie!! I love those red zig-zags--;)))
Glad you have a helper;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

Congrats on the finished top. It looks great now; I can only imagine once it is quilted: WOW!
Lots of great blocks on your "design floor". Is the triangle one the Scrapbuster Challenge from Border Creek? Seeing yours makes my fingers itch to finish mine. Your helper is so cute! Enjoy! ;^)

julieQ said...

Thank you for your comments!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Triangles are back in the closet?! It’s a gorgeous start of a quilt or table topper.

Janet O. said...

I really like the QOV design.
Those triangles just seemed to shimmer--and you put them back in the closet? LOL We can't do everything that calls to us, that's for sure. Or maybe the triangles weren't calling to you at all. But they are pretty. Love that layout!
That blue star block is so pretty!
I hope your "devices" begin to communicate. Otherwise the tension will be awkward. ;)

Nann said...

The QOV pattern is great! Your various blocks are so colorful! Happy sewing this week.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I use my camera phone all the time anymore, they're so GOOD; my BIG, 35 mm, camera probably feels neglected. You've found plenty to work on; I, too, have a closet that keeps on giving! Your QOV is gorgeous and sure to be treasured by its recipient. The all-triangle beauty is just like one that I made some years back. I could easily spend the rest of my days finishing up projects that have been started and shoved to the back burner (or beyond!) over the years! Ha!!

progress

Good morning!!  I am working on the above quilt of valor for this year.  It is actually all together, and just needs to be sent off to Ray, ...