Sunday, November 19, 2023

Slow stitching Sunday


 Lucky the kitty enjoys quilting.  A lot!  Here he is just coming out from under the quilt.  Thus the rumple you see.  I finished this binding, which is my slow stitching for the week.  I am linking to Kathy’s blog, here.


Kathy's Quilts (kathysquilts.blogspot.com)



Lucky loves his kitty tower and plays on it a lot,  but will pose for an action shot.

He also enjoys working with hexagons.





This quilt is the summer mystery from Kathy’s blog; from her quilt guild mystery offering.  Unbeknownst to her, Kathy inspired Annie and I to make a quilt like hers! Mine is some different, because I ran out of pink.    It was finished quickly and on the way to the quilters.  The lady I am using to quilt things for me is a childhood friend, Paula.  I am delighted to get closer to her again after 45 years!  We were in 4-h together.  She has a brand new computerized amazing quilting machine, which she acquired when she retired.


Hope each of you is doing fantastic!!


8 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Both quilts are lovely! How lucky you are to have that kitty in your life!

Annie said...

Haven’t decided if you are inspiring me to move ahead or just follow the squirrels bounding along!

Julierose said...

Lucky is so cute == I love that posed shot;)00
Very nice finish on that quilt--I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving...
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Lucky is a handsome cat! I love the medallion quilt. Does it have a destination? The mystery blocks are appealing.....Happy Thanksgiving!

Katie said...

I hope Lucky knows how truly lucky he is being cared for by a quilter! He is adorable. The medallion quilt is beautiful.

Rockwin said...

Your post was fantastic! Your ideas are intriguing. Keep up the good work and write more!

Lori said...

So fun you can support your friend and rekindle your long time friendship!
Kitty is so cute!!

Jeanne said...

Your applique quilt is gorgeous! Pink and red is one of my favorite color combos.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...