Tuesday, July 6, 2021

It is all about the math, isn't it???

Happy Tuesday to all!!  I finished the applique on this set of blocks!  Hurrah!  Now I just need to figure out how to set them together.  The pattern calls for a lot of piecing, but I would like to keep is a bit more simple, so the applique stands out. The reason why I mentioned math is because I made twice as many quarter square triangle blocks than were needed.  And I have a minor in math, LOL!

 I finished this set of blocks today.  This will be a perfect lap/chemo quilt for a lady who loves red.  I have not decided whether to follow the pattern, or to go my own way with this one!




Hope each of you is well and having a good evening!


Julie

12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the red blocks look great.........goodluck using twice as many blocks on the applique.......lol

Libby in TN said...

Pretty applique blocks. The r/w block has a lot of possibilities.

Julierose said...

Your appliqued blocks are just so adorable...very nice work on them all.
Hugs, Julierose

cityquilter grace said...

love those red and white blocks...

Robin said...

Your blocks look great. I just bought a used quilt book about the Miami Valley album quilts and your can looks like one of the blocks in the books. It's a fun, kind of folk art type of block. I keep thinking I need to make a red and white quilt. They are always so lovely.

Lori said...

Great quilts! Extra QST can always be used!

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love all the blocks

Quilter Kathy said...

Love to see that happy pink in applique blocks... don't often see that. I look forward to seeing what layout you will use with these two projects!

Susan said...

Math makes my life easier, but I have many friends who feel differently about math in their lives. LOL Both sets of blocks are awesome! Simpler is good with the appliqué. Or the red and white, come to that. They both stand on their own.

QuiltGranma said...

Gonna love them!
Can't resist!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful applique blocks!
The red white one really speak to me tho - how pretty!!!!

Millicent George said...

Please Pardon me for Posting this on your Platform, But i had to do it for those interested and needs help. Contact Herbalist Razor who cured me of Herpes Infection .When Physicians Failed me and gave me no hope of a promised tomorrow, Herbalist Razor proved Them wrong , and Cured me with his Herbal Supplement. Contact Him and Get yourself Freed from this Curse of a Virus.
Email : herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com

Whatsapp/Call Herbalist Razor via +2349065420442.

Kindly visit his WEBSITE : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...