Monday, March 4, 2019

Projects and progress

 I am here, only a couple of weeks behind, on the Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet quilt along.  This one is a free one, folks...and great fun!  Please see below...you can scroll through her posts and find all the patterns.  I am not sure how long they will be left up on her blog.  She writes very, very good instructions.  I love that part.  I am trying to duplicate her colors, but I don't have the fabrics from her line, so am just doing the best I can.

http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/

 These blocks are for the Meeting House quilt along on face book.  I have no idea where I am going with these...they have kind of morphed into a pink and red and blue plaid quilt.  Hmmm.  It will be OK, though...for me, as long as there is pink, life is good.
I am making more star blocks for my sampler quilt, for my quilting group.  The name of the quilt escapes me at the moment, but when it is done, you will recognize it!  LOL!!!




Hope each of you is having a great day!



Warning!  Don't read the nurse's notes if you don't want a touch of real stuff....it is sad.


***********************Nurse's Notes************************

I had a person who had taken an overdose of illegal drugs, wanting to commit suicide, according to his family. He was found down after a long time.  Now he is on maximum life support and just in the worst shape ever.  His family wants us to do everything, everything, to keep him going.  It is kind of a dilemma...of course we do everything, but I wonder what he would say if he were conscious and able to convey his wishes?

Nursing is hard sometimes.

***********************************************************


Julie

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful quilts you have in progress there, Julie. You do so much!
My nurse daughter works in ICU and sometimes talks about how the family of ill patients just want them kept alive no matter what, no matter there is no quality of life, and how the patient's agency is essentially removed from them. It is hard on her just as it sounds like it is hard on you, too. Bless you for being a caring and concerned nurse!

Cathy said...

I love all your projects. You amaze me with the number of projects you are working on. Hugs

Janet O. said...

How in the world do you keep up with all of these SALs, plus your other projects--and work?!? I stand in awe, as always!
Oh, I admire nurses. My Dad thought I should be one, but I knew I didn't have it in me. You deal with really hard things!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

So sad that the guy didn't seem to find any hope in his life.

Lori said...

I love your sewing projects! So many of them and I love them all!

So sad about the overdose and the family. I wonder how involved they were in his life before he was in this dire health situation.

---"Love" said...

I can imagine that the concentration required to make all those pretty blocks helps to give you relief from some of the stresses of your job. Again, I hope if and when I need a nurse, she will be as caring as you are for your patients. ---"Love"

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Like your projects! I wonder when people will realize that the first step to a life of drugs is Marijuana? The Doctors and Nurses have to try to revive and take care of people who do not respect what the Lord has given them - LIFE! Sad story and just one of a million!

I just watched a special on Robert Downey, Jr. His Father gave him Marijuana at the age of 8! Horrible, but so happy that he finally was able to find the strength to quit and become a better person.

Hugs!

Sheila Otte said...

Love your quilt squares! Thank you for being the caring nurse you are and for sharing this difficult piece of reality. Your personal care shines through there too. Prayers for the family. I can't even imagine what they are going through.

Barb said...

Love both quilts...skipped the nurses notes....I didn't want sad today. It takes a wonderful kind of person to be a nurse. Hats off!!

Sherrill said...

That's why I have that in my will that I want nothing like that!! I've thought about getting a medical alert bracelet that has that so that regardless of where found or by whom, they'll get the message! A NIGHTMARE especially if someone's still 'in' that body.

Karen said...

I have been wanting to do the Sew-along with Lori Holt. There just haven't been enough hours in the day. Your blocks look very good. I am wondering what the whole thing will look like.

Anonymous said...

Lori, families can be very involved with a family member who is an addict.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...