Friday, August 20, 2010

Nine Patch Celebration!!!

Hi Y'all!! It has been a banner week for mail around here...such fun!! Lori from Humble Quilts sent this gorgeous fabric...it just feels so soft and lustrous, and the picture does not show it justice...it is absolutely wonderful! thank you dear Lori! I plan to use a little of this in my Dear Jane quilt. Please visit her blog and leave a note...you will love her work!

I have been at work for a century...or the last three days!! More amazing mail at our home...it has been so much fun!! Above are these gorgeous nine patches...aren't they so very pretty? These are from Mary at Quilt Hollow!! She is a wonderful quilter...and she included some backgrounds too...thank you!! You really need to visit at her blog...wonderful stuff there.

Kaaren, my friend all the way from Canada sent these gorgeous nine patches...they are just so pretty!! I love them! Kaaren is a fabric artist and designer at the Painted Quilt. She is generously doing a BOM of Raggedy Ann stitchery blocks! I have them all printed out so far, she is on number 2....and need to get them going! click on her link...you will be amazed at her work! Sorry about my pictures, but can you see the needle case behind her nine patches? It is so cool! String pieced on the outside, and inside...
Look! There are pockets for needles and a small pair of scissors and a piece of wool to put your needles...it is so very fun!! Thank you so much, Dear Kaaren!!!
Cindy of Sew Cindy sent her nine patches...aren't they just so gorgeous too? I just love them! She sent this background too...thank you so much, and I am so glad for it!! Please visit her at her blog...she is just an exceptional quilter too.


*******************************Weight Watchers******************************

Well, this week....we implemented a new computer system at work, and it has been stressful, stressful!! Not only have we had really sick patients, but have been charting about 8 hours per 12 hour day...now just when are we supposed to take care of the patients? I am getting faster...and I know it will be easier...but I just had to whine a little. In the mean time, the staff that is rolling this new computer system out has been coming around with huge bags of snack sized candy bars....and (head hanging in shame)....I have eaten 6 of them! OINK, OINK went the little piggie! Stress is a big trigger for me and eating...how about you?? This little piggie is back on the band wagon...and backing away from the trough!!! Hee!!

*******************************************************************************
Nurse's Notes!


I had a funny thing happen the last day I worked. We have a n incredible, very large group of volunteers at our hospital, and we just couldn't function without them. I was walking out to the parking lot after work with one of them...she was maybe 75 years old, a very nice lady, a little grandmotherish. To my surprise, she hoisted her leg over the saddle of a great big Harley Davidson Motorcycle and roared off out of the parking lot! she gave me a little smug smile and wave as she left....I just find out more about this lady! What a surprise!!



Have a great day all, maybe I can have some quilting/sewing time coming up soon....



Julie

18 comments:

Amelia said...

My comment on the motor bike lady is: "you CAN NOT always tell a book by its cover".

Some very pretty fabric...will make up so wonderful.

Don't let that new program get to you...you will master it in no time.

Enjoy the weekend!

Terry said...

ROFL...I agree...never judge a book by it's cover! That's just too funny! :0)

Anonymous said...

Loved the biker chick! You never know about somebody do ya?

I'm glad my blocks made it and hope they are ok and mix in well. Looking forward to the return package too!

Sue-Anne said...

Love the motorbike story!!! How cool is she.

Your new fabric from Lori is gorgeous and you have some great nine patches there.

Kaaren said...

Can't wait to get these all back, Julie. It's going to make an awesome quilt!

Thanks again for hosting this exchange. I love nine patches.

Almost every day I whine to my husband that I want a Harley. You just never know...*wink*

Cindy said...

you go ahead and whine all you want. We're here to listen. LOL

Hmmm...I don't think I could EVER drive a Harley - I do good enough on FOUR wheels...LOL

Sharon said...

I want to be the 75 yr old on the harley! How fun for her.
I keep asking around the office who lost some lbs, because I have found them and I'd like to return them ;-)

KaHolly said...

Oh, what fun! The nine patches, the extra goodies, and the 75 yr. old motorcyclist! Life is good. ~karen

Carol said...

The 9 patches are all just wonderful...this is going to be the MOST awesome quilt. Mine are headed for the post office in the morning. The motorcycle story is a hoot! Good for her!

Chookyblue...... said...

wow the blocks are looking great.......

Brittainy Barnes said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. I'm currently in the process of sewing my first quilt (by myself...first one ever was with my grandma when I was 12 years old!)

I hope you follow me back, I would LOVE some feedback on my progress!

Thanks!
-Britt

britnrich.blogspot.com

Lori said...

The nine patches are lovely!! How sweet to recieve such wonderful little gifts too!!

Forget about the candy bars and move on! Don't let that stall you!!

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, the nine patches are so pretty. I would tell the motorcycle lady, You Go Girl:) Take care.

Marilyn Robertson said...

It's fun seeing all the beautiful nine patches that are making their way to you! I think it would be a hoot to be able to hop on a Harley and ride off into the sunset. :)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Looks as though you are receiving lots of 9 patch blocks! Mine are finished and I am putting them in the mail tomorrow. I have enjoyed making them and will be looking forward to the return of others that they to are swapping. Thank you for you efforts in this fun exchange! Hugs to you, Carolyn

Debi said...

Wow all those blocks, they are beautiful. A cute story about the older lady and the motorcycle...you are as young as you feel!

Stephanie D said...

That's a volunteer who will always stay young! What you want to bet her kids are embarrassed by her, while the rest of us think she's ubercool?

Darcie said...

Hope your computer work is getting faster. My sister (the RN and quilt shop owner) has the same concerns! You're in good company, Jules! She always says "I am a nurse for petesake!"

LOVE the Harley story! My Dad (will be 83 this December) is a Harley man. It's the one thing that was sort of the *carrot in front of the rabbit* for him after he broke his leg. ;-) Let the good times roll!

Wednesday hugs!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...