Monday, July 26, 2010

Mail call!!

Look at what dear husband did!!! A brand new mailbox...a locking mailbox, due to mail thefts occurring in our area. He cemented it in...about 3 feet below the ground...it will never, never, ever move again. Tornado proof! And wonderful! DH plans to rock it, that it, put rock on the outside of it. Not rock it like a tornado....errr, you know what I mean.


The old mailbox leaned...leaned further...was propped up...needed painting...so long old friend, you have earned a rest!!
Look at what was in the new mailbox! An explosion of wonderful pieced blocks...how cool, huh? Deanna from Utah was kind enough to send me these blocks to make something out of...12 inch blocks, 8 inch blocks, 10 inch blocks, 6 inch blocks...and assorted loveliness! I am going to give it a go...although realistically, there are probably several projects in here. Cool, huh??
I did a few Klosjes (spools) today...and I am just about done, because the basket is almost, purty durn near full! I love these reproduction colors.
A long time ago, in a land far away...well, maybe about 6 years ago at the hospital where I work, we made red work blocks, and exchanged them. Mine languished, while the other quilters got theirs all put together and quilted. I just finished mine, and got it back from one of the quilters who quilted them all on her long arm. I love it! Very pretty...

Dear Jane:

You did some applique today! I think you like to mix it up some days...I like the blocks you chose today, and a red block was included just for me! Yippee!!



*************************Attention********************************

Nine patch swappers!

Most of you have a blog or included an e-mail address....please, the people I mentioned in my post this morning, contact me with an e-mail address. I must have an e-mail address to be able to contact you and to include you in the swap. Some of your asked some questions, and I cannot answer you when you are set "no reply", or did not include your address. I really want to include you...please reply!


By the way....there is still space and time to sign up!! Please see the post two below this one, LOL!!

*******************************************************************



Have a most wonderful day!

Julie

14 comments:

Loris said...

Love the new mailbox. Tell DH he did a splendid job!
Also LOVE the redwork quilt. How fun to share quilting with co-workers.

Barb said...

Lots of fun things on your blog today. Love the squares you got from Deanna....she is a sweet heart. Love your redwork and Dear Jane.

Marge Gordon said...

Caught this post on Quilters Blogs and had to comment. We put in a fool proof, make that kids with baseball bat proof mailbox a few years ago.. Cemented and bricked in. And THEN our post office went with standard postal trucks and wanted us to raise it up for the new truck height… groan…
LOVE your quilt in your blog header, beautiful!
Marge

Cindy said...

Cunt me in for the bigger 9 patch swap!

cindy said...

AHHhhh I meant count me in for the bigger 9 patch swap...darn keyboard buttons! I saw the error just as I hit send!

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, that mailbox is not going anywhere. Looks great, with its' shiny new black paint. You are one lucky gal to receive all those blocks. Cannot wait to see what you do with them. Take care.

Wilma Lee said...

We have the same mailbox, and it is also cemented in. It took our mailman a while to get used to it, but he does fine now. We had mail stolen out of our box.

Sue-Anne said...

You can relax now about your mail not going missing! Klosjes look great, redwork is amazing and I love your new DJ blocks - you've been busy!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine anybody stealing mail! But I suppose with this day and age anything is possible. I've got a few blocks that I could send you to add to that collection.

Quilter Kathy said...

So much activity going on at your place! Love the redwork quilt you finished!
I bought some fabric for the 9 patch swap this weekend.

Pat said...

GREAT mailbox and it will be super-looking when the rocks get on it! (How does that work...the mail carrier needs to unlock it each time mail is delivered to you???) You sure have a terrific assortment of orphan blocks to use...can't wait to see what you do with them.

Lori said...

No more propping the mailbox! Yay!! I'm sure the mailman will love it too:)
I love the redwork quilt!! It feels great to finish up some old projects huh?

Deanna said...

Somehow that pile looks better on your floor than it did on mine. I am very interested to see what you do with it.

Meggie said...

Your red quilt is gorgeous, ...& I hate red! LOL. I made a red one myself, which I must admit, I do love. I can never wear red though, it makes me feel miserable. Odd? That is me!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...