Saturday, April 18, 2020

Sorting and I re-did the guest bedroom!

 I found this little quilt hiding quietly in the guest bedroom.  I took everything out of the room, cleaned carpets, edge cleaned, and ordered new blinds, taking down the ancient draperies, which in their day were quite decadent, but now are quite drab and dusty, regardless of cleaning.  Hurrah!  So I was glad to find this quilt...it is cheerful and fun, and I want to make another one, because it uses scraps, which it what I have mostly.
 Here is a little picture of Rosie's tushie and tail just for you!  Hahaha!
I also found these Christmas blocks.  These are too cute and just must be finished into a quilt.







I have come to a point of saturation, where the sponge (my brain)  is spilling over and cannot possible take anymore water before dripping everywhere.  So I will be selling a few fabric bundles and kits and etc, just because I feel like SOMEONE needs them more than I do, and can get them done. I don't have a lot of kits, or bundles, and I saved for them, but it is time to share!  Are any of you at that point? And I make it worse on myself by wanting to join every quilt along there is and enjoying pinning quilts on Pinterest daily that I just MUST make!  LOL!



Have a great day, each of you!!


Julie K

9 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

There's nothing like a good cleaning out to give a fresh perspective; especially right now~ I'm with you!

Libby in TN said...

I'm right there with ya, Julie.

---"Love" said...

Good on you! I'v always given every room a serious cleaning like that twice a year, but I can't do it now, and I don't like it a bit! My entire house needs the same thing as you are doing! Instead, for the first time in my life, I have a hired "housecleaner" coming next Tuesday (at 8 AM!). I just can't do it, and it is driving me crazy to see dust everywhere, and the floors are just filthy looking. The place was highly recommended to me by friends, so we'll see. Your little quilt discovery is as cute as can be; no wonder you want to make another one. Have fun, get some rest, and stay safe! ---"Love"

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the quilt and the blocks. Have fun finishing that Christmas quilt. I should be cleaning, but I just don't feel like it (not like anyone is coming to visit any time soon). Whenever I feel I have too much fabric, someone needs some for some reason. I'm happy to hand it over when needed.

Susan said...

Not bundles, but some fabrics. I do a lot of "What was this for". The scrap quilt is wonderful! Your room will be so nice re-done. The Christmas blocks are great, too, and a perfect wall-hanging size.

Randy D. said...

Your scrap quilt is fabulous. How nice to rediscover it!!
good luck unloading, I mean selling, extra kids/fabrics!
xxx
Randy

Loris said...

Lovely scrappy quilt find. I love these the best.
Your energy is amazing. I'm hoping that cleaning bug finds me soon. HA!

Jennie in GA said...

What a great find! Love that quilt. Reminds mom of a Bonnie Hunter quilt. I believe you get more done than anyone ever! You are so focused!

Kleine Vingers said...

Those Christmas block are so cute, they will make a sweet quilt.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...