Sunday, April 26, 2020

Dear Jane and friends!

 I have all the blocks for this quilt made.  How much more simple could anyone wish for?  8 inch blocks, alternating with 6 inch blocks, bordered with 1 inch strips. So this jelly roll is toast!
 This is a good patient quilt...fast to make and will be sturdy for the many washings it will receive.  Win win!  And pretty colors to cheer someone!
 This is my latest Blockheads 3 block.  Please see all the free patterns here:

https://bearcreekquiltingcompany.com/moda-blockheads-iii-2020/


Mine is a bit different than the original...I call it a design decision, but what it really was is that I cut the middle block the wrong size!  LOL!  It all works...and this is not brain surgery, so I just improvise and be happy for a finished block. 
 I did get these blocks made for my mystery quarantine quilt.  Please see the free patterns here!

https://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/blog/mystery-quilt-2020-final/


 And...tada!  I made a block for Dear Jane.  I am really trying to make a block each Sunday.  Surely slow progress is better than NO progress!!  I am actually quite proud of this imperfect little block...a triumph for me! I find if I just get up when I wake up in the middle of the night...it is quiet.  NO one hollering for me to come here and see this or do that or what are we going to eat! LOL!  I love the quiet times...alone times are rare for me these days, but recharge me a little bit.  So insomnia is not all bad!
And here the block is, in the row.  Row G!  I am up to row G!





What are you doing today? Sewing?


Hugs to all!


Julie

12 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

wow...the purple doesn't look that easy...makes a great statement...me i'm finishing hand quilting a small quilt...hope to get 'er done today

Julierose said...

Such nice work on those blocks..they look complicated...
Stay safe now, ~ ~ ~waving under gray skies Julierose

Chantal said...

Love your jelly roll quilt. So simple yet so attractive. Congrats! I think your DJ block is darling. Congrats on getting another row done. You are getting there. One block is better than no block. ;^)

Loris said...

The Dear Jane block actually looks kind of perfect :-) It's lovely as are your purples in your new patient quilt. Many are going to be cheered looking at it.
I'm still sewing masks a bit and have started the quilting on Straits...after a brief quarrel with the tension on my longarm, I finally won ;-) I hope it's a wonderful Sunday for you.

---"Love" said...

Some patient is going to love that quilt! You are such a generous and loving nurse! I hope the Lord give you a quiet day so you can work all you want to on those pretty little blocks. I'm hoping to start quilting on my little floral panel; I got it pinned yesterday, so if all stays quiet here, maybe I can make some headway on it. ---"Love"

Robin said...

Quilting has been my quiet time choice too. Although I have much more time than you do with your busy job. It is so soothing to be able to create instead of repair. Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

Katie said...

I like that jelly roll pattern. Going to file that idea away for later! And I wish my sewing room wasn't next door to the hubby's bedroom (different shifts for so many years, different beds just works for us), or I might get up and sew in the middle of the night, too. While I know I can in no way compete with doctors and nurses for the level of stress at my job, as a retail employee (cashier no less), I find myself mentally spent after each shift - at a job that should NOT be mentally taxing - and end up waking up in the middle of the night, still processing the 40000 different opinions every customer seems to think I need to hear. I've heard about everything there is to hear, and with a degree in microbiology (this is a retirement "fun" job), I cringe inwardly regularly at things I see and hear. But they don't know my qualifications, nor do they want to hear them, so I just nod and smile and hold the rolling eyes for later. I'm sure you have your pile of stories, too. Maybe we should be writing these down? Comedy series, I think...

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Blockhead block is a beauty. Bravo on finishing another row on your Dear Jane. I’m working on more masks today.

clarabenet90@gmail.com said...

Eye candy ! For a catchy book like this, good reviews and marketing can give the sales a solid boost. Try https://honestbookreview.com for reviews. I can also help create a free marketing strategy specific to your genre and book. :)

Karen said...

I like the fabrics you used in the Blockheads 3 block. The picture caught my eye right away. A whole quilt in those type fabrics and muted colors would be oh so good.

Sandy said...

Jukie, you are truly amazing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cool Quilt top!!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...