Thursday, April 30, 2020

Applique with friends update, and also...a Pinterest pouch!

 Here are my blocks for this month, for Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler quilt.  I enjoyed the applique immensely!  But the prep is not that fun.  But then again, I don't actually LOVE the running I have started to do at the track...but I love the way I feel immensely!!



  The following quilters are participating.  We will be showing completed blocks on the 30th of each month!  Take the time to visit them to see their completed monthly blocks!

Karen – Log Cabin Quilter (Lead)

Cathy – Biglakequilter

Jennie  – Overthehillandrunning

Julie K –  Juliekquilts

Robin –   solsticestudio

Nanette – Doitrightquilter

Jan – Nanette will show her progress on her blog.  







 Ok, so I love Pinterest, and decided to make this pen/pencil pouch, from a pattern I found on Pinterest, for my work tools. 
 It turned out OK...not exactly as the lovely illustrations showed, but it is usable.  Totally user error...the pattern was great. 
 OK then, so I tried another Pinterest pattern...this little snap purse.  I added the wrist strap.  It is OK too...would be better if I had a serger, I think!!  But it is totally usable and I will carry it to work, with my driver's license, credit card and twenty bucks.  No purse...just that.  And a Chapstick!
I am making more masks...so here I am in that process.




Have a great day, everyone!!




Julie

11 comments:

Karen said...

I am glad you are still finding time to stitch even though you are working hard at the hospital.

I actually enjoy the preparation part of quilt blocks. I would not enjoy running around a track even if my body could do it.

Cathy said...

I love your Mrs. Lincoln blocks. I just posted mine. Hugs

Peter parker said...

Error in sending digital currency to another wallet

Bitcoin trading has been a popular name among users and to make it successful and accessible, users like to do bitcoin trading on the Binance platform. If you don’t know how to deal with this error and you need solution from the skilled professionals who are always active around the corner and to rectify all your troubles at one time without taking much worries. Feel free to reach them anytime for quality results on Binance customer support number and get unlimited remedies from the team.
Click for more info: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

We're all keeping busy! You always have SEW many fun and bright projects to share, thanks for that, it's like a cheery visit with a friend. Stay safe~

Quilter Kathy said...

The photo looks like a face mask pizza!
Glad you're finding time for fun sewing in between the mask production.

---"Love" said...

Love your blocks. The flying geese pinwheel is one of my favorites. Wish I could run today, but in truth, my legs will hardly walk today. Hopefully it will get better. You may make the track team before long! ---"Love"

Robin said...

Love your little pink purse. I am carrying a much smaller purse than I used to. Well, I would be if I were going anywhere - ha! I love the simplicity of just taking the necessities. I've only used my little purse once since March 11th. Crazy. Your blocks are lovely.

KaHolly said...

Thank goodness we sew! Isn’t it fun to try new things?

Kyle said...

Glad you have found some fun sewing time.

Jennie in GA said...

Nice Mrs. Lincoln blocks! Congrats for having the concentration to tryout new patterns.

QuiltGranma said...

Great work there, progress IS happening!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...