Sunday, October 20, 2019

Dear Jane update 10/20/19

These blocks are Annie's...mine is a pretty  hard one and I am procrastinating on making it.  How is that for the gospel truth, LOL!!!!  IN all fairness to myself, I have been running around like a crazy woman today.  Annie has finished an entire row!  wow!!!! Here are Annie's words about her progress.  I love that she uses mixed techniques, as I do the same thing.    



Hi Julie – My DJ has hit a new high – and it has nothing to do with stock market averages.  I finished my first row (I’m making them in reverse order – Row M)!  Here are my final three blocks for that row.  As I mentioned previously, the M-3 Block (the circular blue and white one) was a real challenge.  I confess that I had to combine machine piecing with a whole lot of hand applique to finish it.  It’s certainly far from perfect, but it’s as close as I will get.  Makes you understand all the quilters who have/are making their blocks completely by hand; it really does let you be more accurate and at this size block, is probably equally fast.  I’m sure more of mine will be done by hand in the future.  Annie




I will get mine done sometime this week!!





Hope each of you has a great day!


Julie

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Annie's blocks are awesome! I wish we live closer to each other. I would cross over to your place and give you a hand with your DJ if I could. After 365 Challenge, not much scares me anymore. Well, okay! Y-seams still do, lol. ;^)

Karen said...

The blue and white sort of star block looks like it was a more difficult one to make. And done well. Thank you for sharing Annie's blocks. I never tire of seeing Dear Jane blocks and quilts.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You would have loved the quilt show I went to last weekend. One quilter has made 6 different Dear Jane quilts and they showed 5 of them. Everything from brights, African, Oriental, one was purples. Sorry, I didn't take any photos. Oh yea, they were all set differently (some on point in the middle, etc). Stunning!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...