Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Mixing up my days...and it is a great thing!

 OK!  I did manage to get the final border on this quilt.  It is kind of this pinkie red solid, which I had no plan of using, but DH said that is the one...and so it was!  I am so glad to get this all in one piece...Yahoo for a finished top!!
I am, by the master plan, supposed to be working on this quilt on Fridays.  But here it is Tuesday, and I am making great strides, because I am off...not at work.  Whose idea was it to do all these quilt alongs anyway, and schedule work to be done on them on days I work, LOL!!!!!??  Could have been me!   It is the Pat Sloan quilt, "Out of this World."  It is available freely on her website...she has lots of fun free patterns by the way.

Anyway, Rosie wanted to model this quilt.  I have the two long blocks in the center all cut out, and then just two more larger blocks to make, and it will be done!  This will be donated to a guy patient on our floor, who might be receptive to a quilt and might need it for comfort and warmth! I think it would be good for a  guy, right?



Hope you all have a great day!




7 comments:

---"Love" said...

The border looks perfect to me too; in fact the entire quilt looks perfect. Great job! I'm sure most any guy would like a quilt made with the blue blocks, and especially one in your care. Another very compassionate action by you! ---"Love"

Libby in TN said...

Hooray for a finish!! I especially like the friendship stars at the intersections.

Chantal said...

Congrats on a finished flimsy! Will you hand quilt this one? Rosie has a funny look on her face like, "This quilt is way too small. Can you make it bigger Mama please?" Give her a big hug for me please. ;^)

Lori said...

I love the red border! Good for you for making lots of progress!!

Tired Teacher said...

Yes, I think a guy would love the quilt Rosie is modeling. Your husband has a good eye for color: the red looks great!

Kyle said...

Great red border. Your hubby's got "the eye".

Karen said...

I watched Pat Sloan's blog with the posts for Out of This World. A nice sew-along but all I did was watch. There are so many sew along opportunities as you know. We can't do them all. Nice that you were able to do it.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...