Sunday, October 27, 2019

Dear Jane update

 I am missing stitching on the decade long applique quilt that I just finished,  so I have been deciding what to hand quilt next.  I love this quilt above, a quilt along with Lori of Humble quilts from last year.  She is leading it on Face book again this year.    This one won out, and I took out batting, and backing; layered and pin basted it today. So let the fun begin!!  Guess what?  I found out that the hand quilting gets done faster if you ACTUALLY DO IT!  Hahahaha!  So I have a goal of working on it 30 minutes each night.  I will look forward to that time each evening.
 I added a small outside border to protect the strings, which were already fraying a little bit, to this quilt.
 I like the bright colors!  It will be the next one I start quilting.
OK Dear Jane....here is my block for you today!!!  A little different than yours ( the one below it), but I am liking it and adding it to the quilt.




How are you doing today?






Julie

12 comments:

---"Love" said...

Both quilts are beautiful! Hope you can stick with your 30 minute daily plan! ---"Love"

Libby in TN said...

I've been taking that approach with my binding these days -- a little with my morning coffee while watching Today, and a bit while sitting with my husband before starting dinner in the evening. It WILL get done if I just apply myself ...

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You're farther along on SLOL than I am. Yours is beautiful - I look forward to seeing it quilted. The DJ block is cute too. I made that one already, but that quilt too is on the back burner. That middle quilt, I haven't made or started. All three of your projects look great!

Julierose said...

I love your Sweet Land of Liberty --I got as far as making the pineapple block--I have trouble without directions to not follow hahaha..Yours will be so lovely all hand quilted--after all that work i can see why you chose to do that...hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

Your 30 minute goal will produce quick results. DJ continues to grow. Great job!

Lori said...

Good for you! Now that our weather is cold I need to bring out my cherry tree to hand quilt. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration!

Rose Marie said...

So true about the hand quilting .... just do it! I have a top that will be basted up soon to. It is a big one and it will be basted by the LAer I use.

Binsa said...

Enjoyed your post Julie and seeing your Dear Jane block

Chantal said...

So that's how it works! You mean I need to do it? I was wondering why my quilt who's been in the quilting frame for the past two years wasn't done yet. I should make a date with my quilt and stick to it. It might still be there in two years ... :^D
Love the dark border around the quilt in the second picture. It really frames it well. Kudos on another DJ block done. One step closer to the end. ;^)

Karen said...

Isn't it funny that hand quilting gets done when you actually work at it. I enjoy the rhythm of doing it but so seldom can take the time any more.

cspoonquilt said...

Those quilts are amazing!!! I love them all! How do you do it, all that appliqué, fabulous!!! I love your new header photo too! cheers!

Quilter Kathy said...

I laughed out loud in Starbucks reading ... guess what... hand quilting gets done faster if you actually do i!!! LOLOL

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...