Sunday, April 21, 2019

Cheddarback!!



See the source image




































Happy Easter to everyone!





This quilt along is started!  This is from Gay, our friend at Sentimental Stitches.  She is offering the patterns freely each month.  I have made a start, as you see!!!!    It is a pretty cool old, old quilt, and the fun thing is that the backing with a solid piece of cheddar fabric!!  Super fun!

The little swastika block will be replaced in my quilt...I think the original name of the block was "fly foot", at least that is what I remember from Momma.




Please see here for the current pattern!  Each month it is free, but then you have to pay five dollars for the prior months...but we are only one month behind!!   LOL!

https://sentimentalstitches.net/free-stuff/block-of-the-month-quilt-designs/cheddarback/


Julie




8 comments:

Rose Marie said...

I'm going to be doing this quilt too. I even bought some solid cheddar fabric to use for the blocks. It looks like fun.

Sharon said...

Glad you jumped in, I've got month 1 done, going to look at #2 this weekend

---"Love" said...

Looks like a lot of work, but it is beautiful! I think I'll just enjoy your! ---"Love"

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I want to start Cheddar Back!

Janet O. said...

I have been resisting this SAL, Julie. You drew me in and I actually clicked the link, thinking I would download the patterns and get started tomorrow. Then reality set as I looked at Gay's blog. I had to face the fact that I am already so far behind on all my other projects that I would have to have my head examined if I joined in on this (how do you do it?). But I do love the quilt and will enjoy watching everyone else put theirs together.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Have fun! This looks like a great SAL, I'll be watching your progress and cheering you on!

Karen said...

Are you planning on using cheddar for the back of the quilt?

audrey said...

It's a gorgeous quilt! Will be so much fun to work through this one for sure!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...