Wednesday, April 3, 2019

String quilts!!

 I have shown this quilt top before, but I was just thinking...oh watch out!  Thinking again!!!  I truly love strings, and this is a string quilt....
 I wish I had made it bigger, bigger!!!!
If you would like to make some string basket blocks...here you go!  I made these last night.



https://gone2thebeach.blogspot.com/2019/01/blue-baskets-string-quilt-january-update.html

Please see this link, to Lizzie's blog!!!  I love her blocks, and they reminded me that I made the quilt top above, some years ago.  Lizzie is using Cheddar for her handles, and I am using Yellow...because that is what I have...so in it goes!!!


Lori at Humble quilts is having a string quilt along this year, so go over here to see what everyone is up to.


https://humblequilts.blogspot.com/2019/03/stringalong-linky-month-3.html

Scraps rule...and strings...

and by the way?  Lovely new yardage does too!!  Any fabric is wonderful in my book!!!!!!




Hugs from Julie!!



14 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous! I love those string baskets!!

Lilac Joan said...

I don't think that I have seen a cotton fabric that I don't like! Love most of them!

Tired Teacher said...

I save strings, but I don't use them; perhaps, it's time.

Janet O. said...

What a fun basket quilt! And a perfect border, too.
Yellow and blue are so classic together. I am guessing this one will be BIGGER, BIGGER!! LOL

Cathy said...

Love the strip baskets. Girl do you ever sleep? LOL Hugs

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilt and i love how the baskets look with string pieces, great idea for scraps.

Debbie

Lizzy D said...

"Lizzy" at gone to the beach, not robin, that's my etsy/eBay seller name. But anyway, your Blue Baskets are darling! I love them.

lizzy

---"Love" said...

I really like your stripy baskets, but that border is spectacular! I've got to look at that again! ---"Love"

Karrin Hurd said...

Great basket quilt and basket blocks!

Randy D. said...

Those baskets are great. Of course, I love all kinds of baskets!
Thanks for motivating me!

Kyle said...

Your string basket quilt is awesome and the border is fabulous.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Although not a fan of string quilts, yours is absolutely striking in the baskets. I REALLY love the border!!!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love this quilt! You just can't go wrong with strings and baskets!!

jude's page said...

I love the border of your basket quilt, might have to try one like that soon.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...