Monday, May 6, 2019

Such a cool tutorial!




My first practice block.




Diamond quilt pattern blocks - a quilt tutorial by Bonjour Quilts.












 The first block is my practice block.  There is just the most fun tutorial out there...for a quilt featuring diamonds, that is pretty easy to make!
My block is not pressed yet, just finger pressed, but please check out the tutorial below for a great way to make these blocks.  Aren't her blocks just so pretty??




https://www.bonjourquilts.com/diamond-quilt/






About a decade ago, I was nursing and you could pretty much wear any print you wanted...so I made lots of scrub tops from cute prints, but now...sadly, we can only wear solid blue.  So....I have hoarded all those tops, and hey!  This is a great pattern to make and use the solid colored pants, and the print tops I have saved for so long!  Hurrah!!!  I plan to make some of these blocks from those materials.





Julie












9 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is a cool block--and your block is just as pretty as hers are!
My sister wears scrubs as a lunch room worker, and they have to get five new sets each year and they all wear the same design together each day of the week. She is making a pinwheel quilt from the scrubs from past years. Great way to use up those fun fabrics.

Loris said...

Lovely block! That really is a good tutorial. I love those Bloc Loc rulers too. Not sure it's in my budget yet but they really help with accuracy. I'm still using scrub material in quilts. Most of mine were made with Hoffman cottons :-)

Danice G said...

Oh what a cute block pattern. Such a special idea to use old scrub top print fabrics.

---"Love" said...

That's a beautiful block, and seems it would be relatively easy. Thanks for sharing. A couple of weeks ago, while cleaning a closet, I found my Mother's aprons from the 40's. After washing and ironing them, I wondered what I'd ever do with them, so I boxed them up and stuck them back in the closet. Your new block would be great for them, so maybe someday I'll try it. ---"Love"

Kyle said...

Great idea to recycle your scrubs!

Donna Keating said...

Best wishes to you during Nurse appreciation Week. Nurses are usually great people who work very hard, long hours caring for patients in need. I thank you all.

KaHolly said...

Upcycling your scrubs for this block is an awesome idea! I made my first half rectangle triangle this winter. I wouldn’t say it was fun, but I enjoyed learning a new technique.

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool diamond block! Great way to use up fun scrubs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a cool block!!!!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...