Monday, May 13, 2019

Plaids!

 Plaids and plains, that is!  At last, this quilt has a border.  Hurrah!!
 I find if I cut plaids on the length of grain, and use scissors, they come out much more flat and straight.   Just cut along one of the lines in the plaid!
 The little hexie blocks I was given are becoming this.  The hexies are different sizes, and so I am appliqueing  them down to individual blocks.
Two Tiny Tuesday blocks are next.  Caught up?  But tomorrow is Tuesday again!  LOL!!!





Have a great day, everyone!


Julie

9 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

What a wonderful collection of plaids and checks. I love the way you have arranged them into one gorgeous quilt.

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness that is a lit of flying geese, and the quilt just soars!

Janet O. said...

I agree on following a line when cutting plaid borders and sashings. Your geese quilt looks wonderful!
A cute hexie quilt with that pretty sashing. Appliqueing to a background is the best way to deal with hexie flowers of varying sizes, IMHO. I have 30-something large ones that will get that treatment one day. I may even machine applique them when it gets right down to it.
Your little heart blocks are so cute.

Tired Teacher said...

I rarely work with plaids, but you keep tempting me with your gorgeous quilts. ❤️ the flying geese.

Kyle said...

I can tell you had home ec. back in the day keeping those plaids straight.

KaHolly said...

I love your plaid creations, a fabric I never have used! Cute little hexie project. You always keep your hands busy, don’t you?

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your plaids, some of my favorites to use! Great work!

Karen said...

Tuesday rolls around every 7 days whether you are ready or not. The weeks get away from me so easily.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Such a cool block in that top quilt!!!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...