Monday, May 20, 2019

Just a few things!

 OK, well I have been playing around with this bag for a couple of days now!!!  I have been looking at pinterest...actually daily.  What a lovely lot of pretty ideas...and a colossal time sucker, LOL!!!  But it is SO FUN!!  Anyway, I saw some pretty bags and decided to make one from my scraps.
 There is a lot more to see inside this bag than outside, actually.  See the patchwork peekaboo?  It is the inside of an outside pocket...there is one on the other side of the bag, too.
 And the inside...


So this was my inspiration...I like hers better, but mine will be functional for me.  See how mine turned out cutesy, and hers is elegant.  Sigh...I guess that is just who I am!!

Thank you to Raknaree for letting me share this lovely bag!!
 So...what is on your bed??  This is what is on mine...plaids and plains.  
I love it!!  I think it would qualify as scrappy, don't you?






***********************Nurse's Notes*********************

They called me to see if I could work extra again today...and I didn't answer the phone.  END of the nurse's notes for today!!


********************************************************

Fitness:  My hips hurt!   What the heck is going on??  Do your hips hurt...or an I just ancient?  Maybe tomorrow will be better...I did not exercise today, hoping to give them a rest.






Hope you are doing wonderfully, whatever you are doing!


Julie

13 comments:

Chantal said...

I love your bag. It's so cute! I have Raknaree's bag in my Pinterest too. You shouldn't compare yours with hers because who said it was her first? Yours is just wonderful for a first and you'll be as good as her when you hit 99 bags done. lol. I need to make a few more too. I have another "ugly" fabric to use up.
My hips hurt too but that's an old "war wound". (Wink!) ;^)

Janet O. said...

Very nice bag! It is beautiful.
That is a marvelous scrap quilt on your bed. Of course it is scrappy! I have a quilt my Mom made (a Storm at Sea in scrappy blues and white) on my bed right now.
Good for you, ignoring the phone. :)
I have had hip pain off and on for years. Have been told it is bursitis. Is that a possibility for you?

Karrin Hurd said...

Love the bag, and your quilt, I have yet to make a quilt for my bed. Have made them for everybody else. My hips don’t hurt, but my knee and other joints when it is getting ready to rain as it probably will again tomorrow.

Little Penpen said...

What a cute bag!!! Thank the Lord for caller ID!! Been there....done that!!! Lol your hip needs rest! I used to have bursitis flare ups in mine. Get it checked!

Mary Ann said...

Cute bag. My hips hurt until I had replacement done on both sides. Mary Ann

Karen said...

The outside pocket is unique being on the angle rather than straight across. And the bag does look like you.
Pinterest can suck up the time. Just layer after layer of things to look at and get inspired by.

Lori said...

Love the quilt on your bed! And that bag is darling.

Any chance you are wearing new shoes? Walking more?

Tired Teacher said...

Personally, I like your bag the best. It's cheerful and deliciously scrappy.

Anonymous said...

I like your bag. As for the quilt, yes it's scrappy. I need a new quilt for my bed and I have a lot of scraps, this looks like a good project for me to work on. Thanks for sharing.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love your scrappy stars quilt! Feels like home when you have a warm comforting quilt like that on the bed. Your new bag looks wonderfully functional, and fun too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Take care of yourself, you've probably been on your feet too long! I love, love, love your bag; well done! Your scrappy stars quilt is a feast for the eyes, thanks for sharing.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like your bag. I didn't think of it as cutsey or hers as elegant. I agree about Pinterest but boy you can find great ideas. I hate when the pic does not take you to the original poster though. I have hip issues too mostly caused by my sciatic nerve. I take CBD drops and it feels fine within 15 minutes.
xx, Carol

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your nurses notes! my sister is a nurse and works part time at age 68 at a nursing home - she says she has to work until she is 70 because of her financial situation - I don't know how she will make it without becoming a resident herself!
Love that bag and like the fold over outside pocket - your quilt is scrappy for sure!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...