Saturday, August 18, 2018

Log Cabin Loonies!!

I thought I would share with you this lovely, simply gorgeous log cabin quilt!!  It is by Audrey Mantle, and is called "Maryland Memories".  It was in the Quilt inspiration blog from quite a few years ago.  Isn't it splendid???  I love it...the log cabin block is so very versatile!!!  Thank you so much, Audrey, for letting us enjoy your amazing quilt!




I am posting tonight, because I had to pick up an extra shift at the hospital on Tuesday, and I didn't want to miss what all you Log Cabin Lunatics have been up to!!  I say that with only the very highest esteem...it takes someone very special to be a Log Cabin Loonie, LOL!  I just love all the super fun people who have expressed interest...and hey...let's face it!  Life is busy...this is informal and meant to be super fun!!  I think this is a fun way to make super pretty and fun quilts, and use up some of our hoarded strings and stash.   So far we have:

Me!  Hahaha!
Caryl 
Cathy L
Helen
Julie Rose
Quilter Kathy
Annie O
Nancy M
Gayle.


I am sure I have missed a few, and if I did please forgive me for missing your name,  so please email me and let me know...or join in anytime!!  Just link your log cabin progress to the linky page at the bottom, on most Tuesdays...it is super fun!  I am taking an opportunity to share some really fun gifts each week from my stash.  This is a current one, just came in the mail, in fact....and tada!  This is this week's gift to you.


 This is a fusible applique kit, and has all the applique pieces to make this bench pillow, or it can be a wall hanging if you like. I just love that owl...and I will tell you a secret.  I have two of this kit!
This is the front of the kit...my pics are terrible, but there it is!!  This just came from Sentimental Stitches.  I am sharing with you!






So just share your link at the bottom, or you can email me your log cabin blocks or pieces pictures, and I will share them.  Keep in mind I work more than full time, but I will do my very best to share any pictures I get in e-mail...we love to see your work!!


The winner from this past week, by random drawing,  is Caryl, of Cinnamon Holiday Workshop!! I have sent her an email.






Have an amazing day, all!


Julie

10 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun! I linked up ... orange log cabins this week.
So proud to be a Log Cabin Loony!

---"Love" said...

Audrey's Log Cabin Quilt is awesome! I don't recall ever seeing that setting before. ---"Love"

KaHolly said...

Pretty, pretty! Okay, I’m sorry I didn’t join in with making log cabin blocks. Look at how many I’d have done by now!

julieQ said...

KaHolly, you just join in anytime!!!

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

I have added my link to my sadly neglected blog. Haven't been able to choose between a courthouse steps pattern or a square cabin. I will soon. I promise to cut strips in the meantime-but-one inch? or one and a half inches? Decisions, decisions.

Karen said...

I have made a few Log Cabin quilts and have loved everyone of them. Some have found their way into friends and relatives homes for them to enjoy.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Thanks for sharing this awesome quilt...WOW! AND thank you so much for the prize from last week! I will do an update post in my blog in the next few days and link to this week.

AnnieO said...

Working on a few blocks! I’ll post and link tomorrow. Thanks so much for the fun.

Julierose said...

working along ...onto my 2nd light round this week...such fun watching everyone's coming together...hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

I have made this quilt and am wondering how to quilt it. Any ideas? My blocks are 1" wide

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...