Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Helen's log cabin blocks, and Dearest Boy block!!





Here is my latest Dearest Boy block!!  I really enjoyed adding the embroidered stems and even thorns on the stems.  Great fun!  This block reminded me of Mom...she had a wonderful green thumb, and had flowers you would not believe, including many varieties of rose!!  Glorious!!


Please see all these quilters, who are making blocks for this quilt!!




https://www.etsy.com/listing/593121045/dearest-boy-pattern-book






Lookee!!  Helen (no blog), is making these fun blocks!!!  Aren't they pretty??  They are just so, so pretty!!!  Helen, only one picture showed up, but I put it right up here...thank you for sewing along!!






Have a lovely day, each of you!

Julie

15 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such a pretty rose block - love those sweet thorns too!

Julierose said...

Very pretty block finish--love the embroidery on this one--hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful rose block - my favorite. I love the fabrics you used and the embroidered stems & thorns.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Aww--pink roses--my favorite color--nice stitching-
enjoy. di

Barbara said...

I love all the blocks you've shared, and I've tried to resist. But, alas, I had to order the pattern! Thank you for the inspiration.

Janet O. said...

So pretty! I enlarged it to see all of the details. Great job!
Helen's blocks are great scrappy log cabin creations! :)

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Love your rose block! Great fabric choices. I've just been pruning our roses and am now sporting a bandage on each thumb from the thorns - I need new gardening gloves :D

Lori said...

What a lovely Rose block!
I also adore the log cabin blocks too!! You are such a great encourager!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful rose block. Love the colors!

Little Penpen said...

I'm enjoying the Dearest Boy reveal each month. This is going to be one lovely quilt! Nice log cabin blocks, too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Another lovely applique block!

audrey said...

Such a pretty block!

Kyle said...

A sweet block with a sweet memory.

Karen said...

Me...no green thumb except when I do applique flowers. Your rose block has a lighter look to it than mine. Pretty fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Julie, for posting my log cabin blocks, making them has been a ton of fun. Your appliqué Rose is beautiful.
Helen

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...