Thursday, August 30, 2018

Dearest Boy update...the latest block.

 Dearest Boy!  I love these blocks...so unique and fun!    I am learning so much about applique with this quilt!!  Loving each stitch...but I was not sure how to do the stems on this block.  I ended up tucking in those ends in the corners and stitching as well as I could, but I wonder if I should have partially unsew the block and tucked the stem ends in?  Maybe one of these wonderful quilters would know!!




Cathy:  Big Lake Quilter





All of these quilters are busy making blocks for this quilt!!  I can't wait to see how they are finishing their stems!!



Here is where to find the pattern:  
https://www.etsy.com/listing/593121045/dearest-boy-pattern-book




A little more log cabin fun happening at my house...cutting more pieces!!!  Thank goodness for rotary cutters.  Can you imagine cutting all those long skinny pieces for a log cabin quilt with scissors, or dress making shears?  We are so lucky these days!
Helen is up to 50 COMPLETED blocks!!  You go, girl!!!






Have an amazing day, each of you!!


Julie

13 comments:

Karen said...

I see that you got your stem placement right whereas I assumed wrong that the stems went corner to corner. I will have a chopped off bottom on mine but am going to live with it as is.

Cathy said...

Love your block. I did the same as Karen and went corner to corner for the stems. Hugs

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that dearest boy is really lovely!!! and yay for 50 blocks!!!

Tired Teacher said...

Lovely blocks- I think your stems look great.

Rotary cutters revolutionized quilting.

Loris said...

Dearest Boy has such interesting blocks in it. Your work is lovely.

Julierose said...

Gorgeous blocks--i love seeing how you are all making these. hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

I always applique my stems to the edge of the block, then put a running stitch into the end to hold it down, and so I can applique back up the other side. Then it is also held in place when I come to machine stitch the blocks together. Not sure if that is correct, just what I do!
Yes love my rotary cutter, but for log cabin creation I love my Go cutter more! Limited by the smallest width die I currently own, which is 1" finished, but love it for cutting up scraps and yardage ready for log cabins. A

الشركة الالمانية 0502531636 لمكافحة الحشرات ورش المبيدات بالرياض said...

ارقام شركات مكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة المثالية للتنظيف الجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بجدة
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام

Kyle said...

One more fabulous block!

Jennie Adcock said...

You are doing an incredible job on these blocks. I have the pattern but haven’t had the courage to start yet.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Love your star flower blocks Julie, I'm yet to put mine together and finding this quite a challenge.

Janet O. said...

It is a beautiful block. I wouldn't know where to begin or end with the applique. It looks good to me. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a challenging block... well done! So fun to see the variations and each quilter personalizes their block!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...